Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sunset - Dual Overdrive Pedal - Strymon

Sunset gives you the best of the best classic overdrive circuits, custom voiced for instantly gratifying control over a huge range of sought-after tones. We studied six circuit types found in many truly timeless and iconic overdrive and boost pedals, and put our takes on all six of them into a single two-channel unit.
Looks like a few steps up from the Riverside, and the features make this really appealing. :yum:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Saw this clog up my social media last night haha. I am sure it will sound pretty good! Hopefully check it out next time I'm in Chicago.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The Riverside sounded pretty mediocre in every clip I heard. Digital overdrive?

:clint:
Never has that GIF been more appropriate :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I dunno. Try before you buy. Strymon never seems to fuck up, so while I personally am an overdrive/boost junkie but would never want this type of arrangement, I think it's a cooler pedal than the Riverside and it probably sounds very good.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I dunno. Try before you buy. Strymon never seems to fuck up, so while I personally am an overdrive/boost junkie but would never want this type of arrangement, I think it's a cooler pedal than the Riverside and it probably sounds very good.
Oh I agree. I just thought the GIF with Jeff's comment together were very thematically appropriate :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I think the Brothers Overdrive from Chase Bliss is a lot cooler of an idea; analog pedal with digital control. Not some weird hybrid for tone.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
For me it's more of a "big clumsy feet don't play well with those way-too-close-together footswitches" :lol:
The feet learn. I don't know when it happened, but I'm finally consistent at only using one side of my Keeley at a time :lol:.

The Chase Bliss stuff seems really cool as well, and the owner really loves his work. I still want a warped vinyl.

I wonder how many people will buy the Sunset because it says Strymon, and how many people will switch from other known quality drives to this one?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The feet learn. I don't know when it happened, but I'm finally consistent at only using one side of my Keeley at a time :lol:.

The Chase Bliss stuff seems really cool as well, and the owner really loves his work. I still want a warped vinyl.

I wonder how many people will buy the Sunset because it says Strymon, and how many people will switch from other known quality drives to this one?
I don't know. I wouldn't buy it just because it says Strymon. I love my DIG, but that's because it sounds good, not because I'm a fanboy. There's nothing else they make right now that makes me want more from them, atm.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I was iffy about DSP overdrive as well, but it does sound good here. All into a pristine clean channel, mind you.

You know, I have to say, half way thorugh this, this DOES sound pretty good, and it's an extremely versatile pedal. This and a Fender Twin could cover a LOT of gigging ground.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.