Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, I give you the biggest train wreck of a chorus that I can think of. A pity, because it was an otherwise decent tune. The song actually starts at 1:19

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Hmm... as a longtime... no... as a dedicated... no, not that either...

When I think of Stry.... hmm...

:dgaf:

Yeah... that's it.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Well, that was ... Special?

Only thing Stryper-worth in 2018, IMHO :

And now, to save this thread :

Lemme help.

Also, you're not joking about the tone. His old tone had the annoying cocked wah, but had plenty of low end to add beef. Sounded beefy as fuck considering what he was doing.

Now he's using that ISP Theta DSP preamp. I had the solid state preamp pedal and it sounded really good considering the size and price, but he makes it sound sooo fucking bad. Faaar cry from his PEQ-boosted Mark III.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
it was an otherwise decent tune.
You mean, the part that sounds like a total ripoff of "Children of the Grave"?

I grew up in a fairly "unchurched" part of of the USA, so Stryper was never more than a joke to anyone I knew. It was only when I moved back east and met people from more religious parts of the country that I discovered that Stryper was an actual thing.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
Not only is that chorus not very good, they also felt it was so necessary to include that they bring the song to a dead stop to include it. It's so ridiculously out of place, I cannot fathom why they felt it was a good idea.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Well, it's too bad they wasted a trip to Midgar for that music video.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
You mean, the part that sounds like a total ripoff of "Children of the Grave"?
THANK YOU. It was killing me trying to remember what song that was.

That was shockingly bad in pretty much every way. What producer okayed this? The verses and chorus suck enough on their own, but together they're so disjointed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.