Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cavalier fans want to pay Dan Gilbert's $100,000 fine - Ball Don't Lie - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

After Gilbert got slapped with a $100,000 fine for his statement on LaBron James, a number of Cavs fans contacted him offering to chip in to cover the fine themselves. One, that speakes volumes about fan loyalty and team spirit. He responds with another open letter thanking them for the offer, saying it's his fine to pay, but suggesting instead that they donate to the Cavs youth charity.

Good for them. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
He got slapped with a $100k fine for calling out an arrogant cock for his shit smelling bad? Really? No wonder I don't watch the NBA. :noplease:

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
That's awesome.

And THAT is what Lebron just didn't "get." Too entitled, too fortunate, too out of touch. Hell, he fucking tweeted as "King James' and has "Chosen 1" tattooed on his back. Not a bad guy, I'm guessing, but one woefully self-absorbed.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, I would LOVE to see the Cavs take down the Heat in next year's playoffs. It'd serve him right. I care less about him leaving his team than the incredibly tasteless way in which he did it.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I'm so lost on this. Can someone give me a 2-sentence explanation of why this is all such a big deal? And why Jesse Jackson is weighing in (other than because he's a whore)? :(

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
^

Lebron James, biggest free agent ever in the NBA decided, after holding the team for 7 years on his shoulders, that the Cavs failed to bring the players that will help him win the championship once and for all. So he accepted a salary diminution to go and play with his buddies (wich he played with in the Olympics) in Miami, his buddies wich happens to be 2 other top 10 NBA players. Lebron makes a TV show out of his decision, giving profits to charity. Thing becomes a huge circus. People in Cleveland are pissed, especially the owner who writes a public letter showing his feelings. Owner proves to be a dickback, gets fined 100000$, fans offer to pay.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Rich athlete needs a ring to justify his career, thinks that what he does actually has more meaning than current events, attention-whores it to death.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I'm so lost on this. Can someone give me a 2-sentence explanation of why this is all such a big deal? And why Jesse Jackson is weighing in (other than because he's a whore)? :(
All of your questions can be answered by not giving a fuck.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
^

Lebron James, biggest free agent ever in the NBA decided, after holding the team for 7 years on his shoulders, that the Cavs failed to bring the players that will help him win the championship once and for all. So he accepted a salary diminution to go and play with his buddies (wich he played with in the Olympics) in Miami, his buddies wich happens to be 2 other top 10 NBA players. Lebron makes a TV show out of his decision, giving profits to charity. Thing becomes a huge circus. People in Cleveland are pissed, especially the owner who writes a public letter showing his feelings. Owner proves to be a dickback, gets fined 100000$, fans offer to pay.
Rep, sir! Honestly, I read half a dozen news stories and couldn't figure that out.

All of your questions can be answered by not giving a fuck.
Ah, my usual! :lol:

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Owner proves to be a "dickbag?"

What a load of horseshit. :noway: More like, "Owner proves to be honest about his feelings, candid, and representative about EVERYONE in this area's feelings regarding the so-called "King."

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Owner proves to be a "dickbag?"

What a load of horseshit. :noway: More like, "Owner proves to be honest about his feelings, candid, and representative about EVERYONE in this area's feelings regarding the so-called "King."
OK, your side of the story: explain why a free agent moving is a jerk-off move?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
It isn't. Flipping off the fans that made you on the way out the door is.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
1. Huge TV BS about "The Decision." LeBron may come to regret 'The Decision' - Hornell, NY - Hornell Evening Tribune

2. Lebron was previously so proud to be from the area, he even accepted his first MVP award at the high school he played and won a state championship for.

Look at it this way - are the people in Cleveland just going to say, "Yay! We're all gonna root for Miami now!" No way. They are from Cleveland, live there, and have pride in it. And there ain't much to be proud of about Cleveland. :lol:

Here comes the hometown hero, and the love and support Lebron received from Cleveland and the whole are was quite a bit more substantial than the relationship between most athletes and the place they play. People made an investment in Lebron - emotionally, financially, communally - and his "Decision" came across as a betrayal of everyone there. He basically gave up on Cleveland. he said, "Nope, I can't do it here. Even though you guys gave me everything I wanted, and almost unlimited support, I can't do it. I quit." He says, "I'm taking my talents (my ball) and going to South Beach (My-Am-Me)." After he phoned in his performances in the last playoffs, there was almost no criticism of Lebron in the area press. People supported him regardless. It was almost an agreement - "We'll love you, make you rich, sell out all of your games, and support all you do, because you're one of us. In return, stick with us through thick or thin, and do your best to finally win us, and yourself, since you're one of us, that championship that could do so much for the self-respect and esteem of our city and our region.)

Sure, he had every "right" to do what he wants. But conversely, the people in this are have every goddamn right to feel betrayed and to now hate the turncoat sum'bitch.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
I can't find his statement. I assume he trashed Cleveland? Sorry. I just usually don't give a fuck and for some reason did this time around. :(
He didn't actively "trash" Cleveland. It was far more passive aggressive.

Look, if I piss on you, that's pretty aggressive. But If I don't piss on you when you're on fire, well, that's still pretty damn aggressive, just a very passive, bitch ass sort of aggression.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
^ Post of the year. :rofl:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
So is this like if Crosby went to go play for... I dunno... the Red Wings or something? Except that he's not the only good player on the team?

EDIT: Wait, do you need me to piss on you? 'Cuz I'm not into that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts