Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, for those of you who play acoustic, I'm looking for suggestions for a smaller bodied guitar. I would be playing mainly bluesy stuff and fingerstyle ala John Mayer. My budget is around $1000. These are some of the ones I've checked out:

Martin 000-15
Taylor 214e
Larivee OM-03
Blueridge BR-163

If you've gotten to try any of those or have other suggestions I would greatly appreciate the info!

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Dont get a Taylor unless you immediately rip out the electronics :lol: Honestley I would look for a used Guild F-30 or F-130. In the $1000 price range you are better off used because those taylors arent all solid woods and the Martin is the C grade woods so a used OOO that is rosewood would be better. You say you want the JM sound and he uses the OM so maybe a used one of those would be the way to go.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I used to have a L01. Man I miss that thing, so warm and round and just perfect for recording. The frets felt fine to me but fuck, $50 and your locat tech will be able to dress the frets if it needs it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.