Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A bit plain, but gotta love the vulcanized maple neck.

Specs:
Mahogany body (oil finish)
Vulcanized Maple neck (.780-.830, 11"-16", 1.9 nut width)
Pau Ferro fingerboard
Floyd Rose 7 bridge
Stainless Steel Jumbo frets
Sperzel Locking Tuners
Bareknuckle Cold Sweat neck pickup
Bareknuckle Painkiller bridge pickup
Ebony accents around neck screws
Interestingly (the owner works for Suhr,) he also mentioned:

There will still be some small adjustments to the heel and neck joint area on the final production model which should start showing up in January.

We are taking orders for these with Suhr 7 pickups which are in the works, and will be done by the time production begins on the guitar. You can also choose EMG and Bare Knuckle pickups. So far the BKs are sounding great but I cant want to hear the Suhr 7's as I love the Aldrich pickups in my Les Paul and they will be in that SSH+/Aldrich territory. We are currently only working with Original Floyd Rose 7 bridge but looking into alternate bridges, including hardtails.
So, Suhr 7-string Aldrich-alikes and genuine Suhr sevens in January!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope they offer seven-string single routing options. H-S Modern 7 = awesome.

Also, I bet it would look a lot better in sunlight without camera flash.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Total tangent here, but still Suhr related. In the GG sig, they have a "blower switch" which basically routes the bridge pickup straight to the output jack, bypassing all the controls and thus the treble bleed.

Any opinions on this?

Pretty basic circuit design, I might try it sometime.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
That one's a bit plain for my tastes, but I'll confess to being sorely tempted by this thread.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
I remember speaking to someone who apparently knows John Suhr's son and he said that once released, all of the maple tops and stains and other options will be available. So whilst this is a bit plain atm, they're probably just trying to get playability right etc. I cant wait to see some proper finished ones with quilted/flamed maple and a nice stain :scream:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This one is basically a passive-pickup'd clone of the NAMM prototype... the guy who owns it said so himself. Only reason he has it is that he works there and asked them to build him a copy of the proto.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I hope they offer seven-string single routing options. H-S Modern 7 = awesome.
That or an HSS seven. Oh my goodness gracious that would be awesome.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^ Wow, Blackmachine clone much?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.