Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Agreed on sentiment numero uno. This guitar does nothing for me.
I think it's more what it portends for the future. After all, this means that eventually something like these might be available in 7-string format!

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I remember speaking to someone who apparently knows John Suhr's son and he said that once released, all of the maple tops and stains and other options will be available. So whilst this is a bit plain atm, they're probably just trying to get playability right etc. I cant wait to see some proper finished ones with quilted/flamed maple and a nice stain :scream:
I think Matt @ Matt's Music has already confirmed that once they're ready, they'll be offering all of their standard options in seven-string format. THAT is why this thread interests me. :D

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Lotta quilting going on here... would love to see lots of semi-custom Suhr 7-strings getting built, though. :agreed:

EDIT: Also, I thought for sure that someone was just trying to stoke my rosewood neck GAS... turns out to be vulcanized maple. Interesting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone, this is Shon Kornfeld. I work for Suhr Guitars and im the owner of the plain boring Modern 7. Im not into figured woods really, I like my guitars to have the "workhorse" look I suppose. Anyway, the guitar is killing, I love it and im stoked to own the 2nd prototype. Its basically a copy of the 1st prototype but I was able to to convince them to route them for the BK pickups instead of EMGs. I like the Pain Killer bridge, not really head over heels with the Cold Sweat neck, but in all honesty i'll probably wind up putting the Suhr 7 pickups in there when they are done (by end of the year). They will be in the SSH/Aldrich territory, and I love the Aldrich pickups in my Les Paul.

OK, im gonna go play my boring looking guitar! ;)

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
:lol:

Thanks for signing up, Shon. Don't be a stranger, since there are plenty of us who want to see what's next.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Hey everyone, this is Shon Kornfeld. I work for Suhr Guitars and im the owner of the plain boring Modern 7. Im not into figured woods really, I like my guitars to have the "workhorse" look I suppose. Anyway, the guitar is killing, I love it and im stoked to own the 2nd prototype. Its basically a copy of the 1st prototype but I was able to to convince them to route them for the BK pickups instead of EMGs. I like the Pain Killer bridge, not really head over heels with the Cold Sweat neck, but in all honesty i'll probably wind up putting the Suhr 7 pickups in there when they are done (by end of the year). They will be in the SSH/Aldrich territory, and I love the Aldrich pickups in my Les Paul.

OK, im gonna go play my boring looking guitar! ;)
Hey, thanks for signing up, man! :lol: It's definitely a workhorse - how's she sound?

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Wow. It's basically a seven string Schecter V-1 Plus, but much nicer, because it's absolutely nothing like a Schecter :yesway:
fx'd.

Fucking love Suhr's. Loved selling them at Guitar Guitar, effortless sales. Yet to play a bad one. :D

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
I've yet to play a Suhr. I hope someday someone close by starts stocking them. I love the workhorse look though, that is a sweet guitar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone! Ive been a little quiet on the 7-string front as ive been making another record with my pop/rock group, but ive also been jamming on the 7 at night when im done tracking. Im super happy with the guitar now that we have installed the (first set!) Suhr H7 pickups. These are slightly hotter ("H") than the Aldrich pickups, which are our highest output 6 string pickup. The guitar cuts way more now, and sounds amazing in all 3 positions. Even on the neck pickup playing in the low register, it never gets muddy or undefined. They are winding me a less hot neck pickup (C7 for "Classic") to try as well. The first couple of production Modern 7's are about to ship soon, so keep an eye on the Suhr site for that. Weve also started taking orders for them with the Hipshot Hardtail, like many have asked for! Lots of other exciting stuff happening over there but I dont wanna just plug plug plug away lol, im really just sharing my excitement for my first 7. Once the pop record is out I plan on starting a new heavy band using the 7 exclusively. Good times. Anyway, just thought I would check in.. keep fightin the good fight, fellas :metal:

·
In brightest day...
422 Posts
Fuck yeah! I was wondering if you guys were going to do a fixed bridge version. That happened MUCH sooner than I was expecting. This might be my next guitar purchase then!

Anymore additions to the 7 other than bridge and Suhr pups? I was curious if the heel and neck joint have been revised or if the headstock has been either. The body and headstock looked a little off on the proto from the normal 6 string versions. The headstock looked just a tad thicker at the tip versus the 6. Not a huge issue, just wondering if those things were changed.

Also, reverse headstock an option yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
no changes to the headstock (that im aware of), but much thought and revision went into the heel/lower horn area. I dont need it personally as im more of a rhythm player, but for the shredders they will be happy with the more open lower heel. no reverse peg either as that it a whole neck revision-redraw-reprogram and the demand is still very low for it. As the demand increases im sure it will happen, but not for quite a while I dont think.

·
In brightest day...
422 Posts
no changes to the headstock (that im aware of), but much thought and revision went into the heel/lower horn area. I dont need it personally as im more of a rhythm player, but for the shredders they will be happy with the more open lower heel. no reverse peg either as that it a whole neck revision-redraw-reprogram and the demand is still very low for it. As the demand increases im sure it will happen, but not for quite a while I dont think.
Hopefully the option is added as it looks amazing on the 6. Not a deal breaker though.

What is the build time for these right now?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.