Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I know it's a nice guitar, but looking at that photo, it really just looks like they made a PRS/Gibson single-cut mash-up that's just lukewarm compared to it's inspiration.
Yeah I was gonna say, bass side looks like a standard LP copy and the treble side looks like a PRS single cut without the carve on the lower horn.

I'm sure they know their market more than I do, but I'm not sure anybody was asking for this. Maybe trying to pickup the slack from the Anderson single that got nixed?

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Yeah I was gonna say, bass side looks like a standard LP copy and the treble side looks like a PRS single cut without the carve on the lower horn.

I'm sure they know their market more than I do, but I'm not sure anybody was asking for this. Maybe trying to pickup the slack from the Anderson single that got nixed?
Is that the Bulldog? If so, it's definitely closer to what I was expecting from this than what we got

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
That cutaway looks terrible.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Yeah, which is a shame because it was one of the better looking and more distinct LP style single cuts out there. Classy.
Which is why Gibson decided to threaten.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
At least they got the control layout right (I massively prefer the PRS singlecut style like this over the traditional Gibson).
I think the Gibson layout is far more usable. The angle of the controls means you can easily reach both volume knobs, and the less frequently used tone knobs are out of the way. I feel like PRS messed with the layout to try to avoid a lawsuit, and not because it makes more sense.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.