Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:clint:

An ACTUAL piece of gritty, dark material to work with and they still somehow make it look like absolute shite.

Just let Bruce Timm write and direct one of the films, then it might actually turn into something worthwhile.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
i dunno, it doesn't look terrible, but it didn't really look like anything.

it was 3 minutes of people walking around looking moody, stuff happened and the joker was there. :ugh:

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
I'm surprised that the Inception BWAAAAAAAAHHHHH horn blast is still used in trailers after so much time has elapsed since its..... uhhh.... inception. But I guess that "creepy kid singing" is also en vogue now, too. See:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I'm withholding judgment. That actually seemed like a piss poor trailer that didn't tell you very much. They spammed whoever the blonde chick is and Will Smith, then obviously some big tease up to Jared Leto as the Joker.

If you cut that stuff out, there's so much going on that there's definitely room for this to be a good or not awful movie.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
It looks like a second-rate TV show to me. Kinda like Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., only shittier. Batman v. Superman looks marginally better.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
It doesn't look bad...it doesn't look good either. It looks like I have to keep my expectations very low.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
It looks like a second-rate TV show to me. Kinda like Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., only shittier. Batman v. Superman looks marginally better.
I was thinking the same thing.

The only thing exciting to me see is seeing that girl playing Harley-Quinn.
From the little footage shown, she seems to own that character fairly well at glance.

Speaking of the Joker, I have a hard time taking anyone playing the joker seriously since Heath's performance.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking the same thing.

The only thing exciting to me see is seeing that girl playing Harley-Quinn.
From the little footage shown, she seems to own that character fairly well at glance.

Speaking of the Joker, I have a hard time taking anyone playing the joker seriously since Heath's performance.
She does nothing for the character and the way the wrote her from what I've seen is bland.

However the one who plays Amanda Waller seems pretty spot on.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
:agreed: He took that character into an absolutely diabolically insane place, and all other Joker portrayals will forever be compared to his.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
:agreed: He took that character into an absolutely diabolically insane place, and all other Joker portrayals will forever be compared to his.
And for good reason, too :agreed:

I think it looks like it'll be a neat movie, but what has me withholding excitement is the fact that all these evil characters are going to be working for the good guys. How can they make that not suck?

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
But I guess that "creepy kid singing" is also en vogue now, too.
That creepy kid (or girl) singing trope is the most annoying one in trailers nowadays.

I don't even know what to think about the trailer. It could be an entertaining movie, but the trailer definitely didn't grab me at all.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
And for good reason, too :agreed:

I think it looks like it'll be a neat movie, but what has me withholding excitement is the fact that all these evil characters are going to be working for the good guys. How can they make that not suck?
There's a Batman cartoon movie recently released that's actually more of a Suicide Squad movie. It's pretty good, and does a good job of explaining how and why it works.

EDIT

Batman: Assault on Arkham (2014) | DC Comics

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Naren said:
But I guess that "creepy kid singing" is also en vogue now, too.
That creepy kid (or girl) singing trope is the most annoying one in trailers nowadays.

I don't even know what to think about the trailer. It could be an entertaining movie, but the trailer definitely didn't grab me at all.
It's right up there with the 'slow, droning remake of a 90s song' like other trailers have been doing (see: the Gallows trailer)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Agreed, but IMO Leto is a pretty solid choice. He's a damn decent actor, he's well known but not so well known that you'll always just see the actor (eg: Will Smith), and he looks the part. He's also weird enough to give it a decent spin.

But you can't mention awesome joker portrayals without mentioning Mark Hamil. He absolutely steals the show in the Arkham games (which IMO are the fucking best bit of Batman canon done ever).

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
But you can't mention awesome joker portrayals without mentioning Mark Hamil. He absolutely steals the show in the Arkham games (which IMO are the fucking best bit of Batman canon done ever).
:agreed: I go back and forth on whether my favorite Joker is Ledger or Hamil. That voice is just so iconic.

(Also dude you REALLY need to play Arkham Knight. Just trust me.)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts