Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best way to complement all the delicious BBQ's that summer requires is a plate of CQ's Salad Of Maximum Fucking Own.

Contents:
  • Small Rotinis
  • Chunks of Tomato/Basil Cheddar Cheese
  • Chunks of hard boiled egg
  • Pepperocinis
  • Fresh Scallions
  • Red Onions
  • Sugar Snap Peas
  • Green bell peppers
  • Red bell peppers
  • Black olives
  • A wee bit o' parsley, salt and pepper

Mixed up with a tiny bit of light mayo to make everything sticky, chuck it in the fridge overnight to let it all settle, and serve with italian dressing. :yesway:

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Fool. There's only one proper way to make macaroni salad.

Though really, your macaroni salad looks tasty, and I don't even like macaroni salad.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
That looks fucking fantastic.

If I just didn't get back from the annual Memorial Day fish fry in Virginia at my mom's house where I ate more "picnic" shit than you can imagine, it would probably look even better.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
That doesn't look like Macaroni Salad, sir ;) - but it does looking fucking good.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
^

Yeah, it's more like a cold pasta salad... Anyway, looks damn tasty, even at 9h30 in the morning. :lol: :yum:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fuckin' Canadians. :lol:

Technically it's rotini salad, but you don't say "Yo I'm making Rotini salad", just like there's no U in "color". :fawk:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Fuckin' Canadians. :lol:

Technically it's rotini salad, but you don't say "Yo I'm making Rotini salad", just like there's no U in "color". :fawk:
But only technically, and deep down you know it should be that way? :D

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I'm not a pasta salad fan for some reason - I blame the mayo, which just weirds me out. :lol: I had a friend who used to make it with either ranch or caesar dressing though, and it was pretty tasty.

Given barbecue, I'd rather serve pasta in pesto sauce, chilled if need be, as an accompaniment, partly because pesto owns face, partly since (probably all the dairy, and the slight mintiness of the basil) it has a cooling effect on really spicy BBQ sauce (and as I make my own, it usually has some kick :D) and partly because I just make damned good pesto. :D

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
The canucks are just mad because you didnt slather it in tons of high fat mayo.
I don't put mayo or butter on anything I eat - if I buy fast food that usually comes w/ mayo or butter, that's about the only time I eat it.

and I agree with PSP.. :fawk:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts