Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Summer: Macaroni Salad time! (Mine > Yours)

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  budda 
#1 ·
The best way to complement all the delicious BBQ's that summer requires is a plate of CQ's Salad Of Maximum Fucking Own.

Contents:
  • Small Rotinis
  • Chunks of Tomato/Basil Cheddar Cheese
  • Chunks of hard boiled egg
  • Pepperocinis
  • Fresh Scallions
  • Red Onions
  • Sugar Snap Peas
  • Green bell peppers
  • Red bell peppers
  • Black olives
  • A wee bit o' parsley, salt and pepper

Mixed up with a tiny bit of light mayo to make everything sticky, chuck it in the fridge overnight to let it all settle, and serve with italian dressing. :yesway:

See less See more
#11 ·
Fuckin' Canadians. :lol:

Technically it's rotini salad, but you don't say "Yo I'm making Rotini salad", just like there's no U in "color". :fawk:
But only technically, and deep down you know it should be that way? :D

#12 ·
I'm not a pasta salad fan for some reason - I blame the mayo, which just weirds me out. :lol: I had a friend who used to make it with either ranch or caesar dressing though, and it was pretty tasty.

Given barbecue, I'd rather serve pasta in pesto sauce, chilled if need be, as an accompaniment, partly because pesto owns face, partly since (probably all the dairy, and the slight mintiness of the basil) it has a cooling effect on really spicy BBQ sauce (and as I make my own, it usually has some kick :D) and partly because I just make damned good pesto. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.