Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
I remember there was an auction for "New Folder" and people were bidding on it like crazy. Too bad ebay is quick to delete stuff like that these days.

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
The $150 shipping doesn't seem as insane when you look at the $1000 price tag. :lol: I doubt that guy knows about places known as "stores."
The seller lives in Canada... The great white north. He probably had to fend off wolves and brave the cold to cross the frozen tundra with a team of sled dogs just to acquire that. Clearly the post man will have to do the same, judging by the shipping price

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I bought a PS3 three years ago because they were the best Blu-Ray players on the market and almost the cheapest. I own two games, Little Big Planet and Modern Warfare 2, and have rented like two others. :lol: I don't even bother with the media center functionality any more.

Random eBay shenanigans always make me laugh, unless they're genuinely devious.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
For a comparison, imagine they were selling a Squier strat on e-bay for £1500 with £300 shipping.
I'm not completely stupid, I know what things are worth in foreign markets. :lol:

I meant, I don'\t understand why he is doing it - whether he is utterly insane, or it's a marketing gimmick, or it's a rare limited edition, or...

By the same token...eBay auctions for "New Folders"? :scratch:

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Small price to pay for a machine that only does everything:eek: I use my mine constantly for games and BR discs. Got Move on preorder and soon I'll be winter golfing from the comfort of my living room.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I bought a PS3 three years ago because they were the best Blu-Ray players on the market and almost the cheapest. I own two games, Little Big Planet and Modern Warfare 2, and have rented like two others. :lol: I don't even bother with the media center functionality any more.

Random eBay shenanigans always make me laugh, unless they're genuinely devious.
I've got a BluRay drive in my HTPC, so I don't need it for that either :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I've got a BluRay drive in my HTPC, so I don't need it for that either :lol:
Looks better on a 45" TV than on a 20" PC screen.

I own only 18 PS3 games, compared to the 24 Xbox 360 games I own, and I've rented more 360 games than PS3 games, but I use the PS3 quite often for watching Blu Rays (the rental store near my apartment has a pretty decent selection).

·
Creeping in your sheets
222 Posts
Whoa...I also barely play with my ps3...I mostly use it to play movies...As far as i know, only the older non-slim ps3s can play ps1/ps2 games and has a SD card reader... i figured that some people might up-charge the older ps3s because of that. i could be wrong tho..haven't cared much for games these days...

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
^I have one of the old PS3s with the Emotion chip in it, but the only PS3s that came that way were the 20GB ones, not the 160GB in the original post which should be maybe $500 at the most.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
^I have one of the old PS3s with the Emotion chip in it, but the only PS3s that came that way were the 20GB ones, not the 160GB in the original post which should be maybe $500 at the most.
the original 60GB ones did as well, which is what i have. I use it all the fucking time, cause i just have it, unlike the 360 which almost mandates having an original xbox as well

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Looks better on a 45" TV than on a 20" PC screen.

I own only 18 PS3 games, compared to the 24 Xbox 360 games I own, and I've rented more 360 games than PS3 games, but I use the PS3 quite often for watching Blu Rays (the rental store near my apartment has a pretty decent selection).
Assumptions :lol: my HTPC is on a 42" 1080p screen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts