Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually got this on 7/1. I played a show and about 2 dozen practices with it. It's pretty awesome! Peavey Cirrus 6. Harley Peavey MIGHT be an insufferable douche, but he's response for some of the best sounding pickups I've ever heard.

Got it strung up with 27 - 125s right now. \m/

DSC_1621.JPG DSC_1622.JPG DSC_1624.JPG DSC_1625.JPG DSC_1627.JPG DSC_1629.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah! It's a cool touch. The neck on it is SUPER fast but the string spacing is way tighter than I'm used to. The only downside I've come across is the ABM bridge is a complete PITA to adjust. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
They do look pretty close down towards the headstock. But, I rarely play bass, so they're still super far apart :lol:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They do look pretty close down towards the headstock. But, I rarely play bass, so they're still super far apart :lol:
The nut on my Yamaha is like 1/8 to 1/4" wider or thereabout :lol:

I did a sloppy bass playthrough video with it not too long after i first got it actually:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow your strumming fingers look unreal!

I bet you kick ass at the old stand up arcade game track and field.
I've never tried. :lol:

I just really wanted to be like Steve DiGiorgio, and lately Jens Becker from Running Wild.

·
Banned
835 Posts
Yeah! It's a cool touch. The neck on it is SUPER fast but the string spacing is way tighter than I'm used to. The only downside I've come across is the ABM bridge is a complete PITA to adjust. :lol:
I retrofitted a suspiciously similar Goldo bridge to my Sub Ray. It's a pain alright, but it makes the high notes sound SO much better! :D

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Nice bass man, congrats! Sounds great on the playthrough

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Solid. :metal:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
So THAT's what your hand should look like when playing fingerstyle bass. :lol:

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Those are great basses, very Smith like. Congrats!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts