Reactions: Empryrean

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I've seen more complicated. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
He makes a reference to 'legendary guitar player Jerry Garcia." That explains SO much. :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I think the first 6-string Decibel guitar is going to have a pair of P-Rails with Triple Shots. :agreed:

But THAT many options is just silly, other than for finding out which tones you like and find useful, so you can have a guitar wired up with just those options.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Man, I don't know if I should bust on this or not. I think I'll say I'm happy with just switching between only neck or only bridge.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
why do you need 40 if you only ever use two, maybe 3?

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
I might do that to a guitar just for shits and giggles, I could use a project.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah, that's a lot and would be almost impossible to remember. But I kind of took it as a proof of concept, or an experiment. Otherwise I can't imagine why he would have spent so much effort on a $100 guitar. Taken just as a let's-see-if-I-can-do-this sort of thing, it's pretty cool.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I think the first 6-string Decibel guitar is going to have a pair of P-Rails with Triple Shots. :agreed:
When I find the perfect passive for my main rhythm guitar (one hum), I'm on to my "leads" guitar, and it's getting a P-Rails and Triple Shot in the neck. :agreed:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks,
This is my first posting here ... and I'm also the author of the Super Seven Switching guitar modification. :)

Personally, I like it a lot (well I did use it for nine guitars). Yes, it is a lot of drilling and soldering but it is not as confusing as some of you may think.

Some of you mentioned that the same thing could be done with the Seymour Duncan Triple Shot™ pickup rings. Yes, you could get some of the tones - but not all.

My modification permits series wiring between the neck and bridge pickups. In the 72 tone list, the last 16 combinations (32 if you count the out-of-phase options), are not obtainable with 2 SD Triple Shots.

Well, if you want to post any comments, I'd be happy to read them (and maybe answer.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts