Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Would not have expected that from this band. They haven't really put their own spin on it (it's pretty much a note-by-note cover with different singers) but I certainly have nothing bad to say about it.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I guess my question is....why? What's the point? It's a good cover band cover, not anything new.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess my question is....why? What's the point? It's a good cover band cover, not anything new.
Maybe getting the rights to use the Queen version was too expensive :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I think it's one of those song's they'd be crucified for messing about with, so I guess doing it this way was the "safe" move.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
I think it's one of those song's they'd be crucified for messing about with, so I guess doing it this way was the "safe" move.
Covering anything Freddie Mercury sang on is not a safe move :lol: let alone that song.

full marks for bravery :yesway:

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
There's only one cover of Bohemian Rhapsody that matters and it's this one:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I don't believe in putting a song up on a pedestal but some songs were recorded well enough that there's no new ground to cover. Bohemian Rhapsody is one of those songs.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
The only cover of Bohemian Rhapsody I respect is the one by the California Guitar Trio, but that's just because it's a 100% acoustic guitar instrumental version of the song with three guitars each handling a different part. Bohemian Rhapsody is one of those very rare songs that just shouldn't be covered because... well, there's really no point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts