Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a mate of mine is endorsed by Taurus, and said next time he was around the way, he'd bring it down with him. As luck would have it, his new custom Sutch Guitars 7 turned up a few days ago too, and I got my Kokoboost for christmas, so decided to have some fun.
Holy fuck is the Taurus/Suhr combo impressive. Loud enough to gig with, and sounds AWESOME at low volume (it's switchable between 70/40/7/4 watt). This track was on 4w mode I think. Was looking for something small for jamming at home, but seriously considering one of these now as I can use it for band practice too (it's smaller than my Diezel Columbus for good measure). Runs 2x 12AX7's and a solid-state power section.
Also, the Sutch Sigma is an amazing built guitar. A little darker than my RGD but MASSIVE amounts of sustain and low end, but never flubs it. Ridiculously tight. Loaded with BKP A-Pigs. Quad-tracked :)

https://soundcloud.com/blankplank/sutch-suhr-taurus-zilla

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
Sounds awesome dude, what was the EQ of the amp set to?:yesway:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bass about 9 o'clock, mods about 2:30, can't remember the treble, about 1 o'clock I think. Suhr was set with clean boost about 11 o'clock, mid about 1:30, freq switch set far left.

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
Just looked it up and wow it has an interesting design to it, to have a tube amp, but flat and in squary/rectangly shape and it sounds like monster, these things should be selling like hot cakes. Portability and good sound like that is missing from the tube amp world.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're quite the surprise. I was thinking of an Ironheart Studio, but this will do home AND band practice, so despite the price difference, it's worth it.

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
How are you liking the KoKo boost now after spending more time with it? I have a MXR BAOD I love but might consider adding a KoKo since it has a buffer.

Also have you tried any of the AMT pedals? Have heard GREAT things about them so wonder how they would compare to the Taurus.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I LOVE the Koko, it's the pedal I never knew I needed. The Taurus on its own got fairly heavy, but the Koko made it so much more. The BAOD is indeed badass though!
Not tried the AMT stuff actually.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
They're quite the surprise. I was thinking of an Ironheart Studio, but this will do home AND band practice, so despite the price difference, it's worth it.
You should just buy my IRT 15 ;)

But seriously, that track sounds pretty damn heavy :flex:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts