Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You're going to need a bigger closet (of LOLitude).
Alan and I were discussing this. I'm just going to put closet doors on the front of my house and then voila, 5000 sq ft of Toan ClosetTM.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Alan and I were discussing this. I'm just going to put closet doors on the front of my house and then voila, 5000 sq ft of Toan ClosetTM.
You know, garages are surprisingly livable these days. Plop in a couch and some throw pillows, and bam, a cozy living room so your family stays out of your jam space!

...I say this from my single car garage office/jam-space :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No chance, I have a 3 car garage but I have 3 cars and I live where it snows. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Man, for 2.5 glorious years I lived in a house I owned in Ohio, with a two-car garage, and it was soooooo nice parking indoors in the wintertime. That was right before I left for MS/CA.

I don't miss the garage, but I do miss the workbench I built, and all the tools I left behind in storage :(

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
This was just posted today..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I own 4 modules ( VH4, SLO, Pittbull, Deliverance) and they all sound excellent *

*provided you run them with a beefy power amp or through an amp with a suitable fx loop.

The Pittbull module is far and away my favorite. It can do cleans, crunch and pummeling high gain tones. The Deliverance can as well but I think the Pittbull is more flexible tbh.
I have clips of the VH4, SLO and Pittbull modules here if anyone is interested:
https://soundcloud.com/knightbrolaire%2Fsets%2Fsynergy-module-wankery

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
SLO > SLO

:xzibit:

But damn, that Synergy SLO + 2:90 is pretty... unremarkably just like the everything else he was playing :lol:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
That vibrato in his lead take made me nervous, the SLOs all sounded good though.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
SLO > SLO

:xzibit:
:lol: Yeah it made me chuckle at first, but it was to show the Syn pre w/the Soldano power section. You know that anyway, so I'm just ruining your joke.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
It gave me hives, I hope Rocka hears it. :lol:
Yeah, the two extremes of vibrato... painfull jagged vs smooth perfectly in time.

Dudes riffs are ok, its just weird how many people overlook such an important thing. Ill take pentatonic box 1 with great vibrato over sweeps followed by nervous vibrato any day.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Those leads hurt. Otherwise, fucked if i can tell the difference. Wonder if he changed the module switch, or tried any of the different settings out...

PS: Fixed my randall up, sounds absolutely fucking fantastic with the salvation audio mod board. Really happy with it, and have actually ordered a midi controller for it now.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
its just weird how many people overlook such an important thing. Ill take pentatonic box 1 with great vibrato over sweeps followed by nervous vibrato any day.
I never really cared about solos and/or vibrato TBH. My main focus has always been to write killer riffs (which I fail miserably at). I would much rather listen to a riff machine like Dino over Steve Vais noodling any day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I modded my randall rm100 to take synergy modules. Easy to do too. Turns it into a 6 channel midi switchable amp. With a power section that'll take damn near any valve. I'd recommend doing this.

So far:
  • Soldano modules is very close if not dead on, i attributed difference between my clone and the slo module to el34 (randall) vs 6l6 (sloclone)
  • Extacy module is great, but
  • Uberschall is one to get
  • TDLX is good for cleans and low gain sounds.
  • Fryette modules have got really good reviews. I kind of fancy one
  • VH4 module is apparently really good too

• BE odule was crap, sold it
  • Savage module I didn't like at all, but I don't like ENGL, so YMMV

In terms of old randall modules (still compatible with synergy)
  • Dan Donegan module is really good. Despite Dan Donegan.
  • Xtacy module is flat as fuck compared to the synergy one
  • Ultra module can be kind of fun

You can also start getting her salvation audio modules too, and his shit is pretty fucking awesome. There's another company as well that does stuff, but name escapes me.
Hi, 7DT

Can you share some details about the RM100 mod to accept synergy modules, please?
I bought Synergy SLO module for my RM100H few months ago.
Sounds amazing! But limited to single channel right now...

Thanx in advance

Luiggi

21 - 35 of 35 Posts