Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any good vst plugins for string/choir/... type stuff.

I still have reason 3.0 but so far i'm not able to succesfully use it as i want ><.

Think is i'd like to keep everything in one program since i work with midi tracks a lot coming from guitarpro files.

Drum midi > superior 2.0
Synths & shizzle > reason (so far not working to great).

Any ideas, suggestions, alternatives are welcome.

Now i'm having the fun of reinstalling everything on a different drive since i want all my recording shizzle in the same place :lol:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
You can use reason for this. Program in Guitar Pro, export as midi, In Reaper rewire Reason, and open new file(in Reason) then import the Midi file into Reason, you don't really have to have the MIDI file imported into Reaper, I do just to have it there but you really only need that particular file in Reason.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
You can use reason for this. Program in Guitar Pro, export as midi, In Reaper rewire Reason, and open new file(in Reason) then import the Midi file into Reason, you don't really have to have the MIDI file imported into Reaper, I do just to have it there but you really only need that particular file in Reason.
:lol: Yep. That's exactly how I do it, too. Shit, and drums. (I just tweak them with Reaper's MIDI editor afterward.)

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
That said, Absynth has TONS. TONS. of friggin' sounds. Plus you can edit them.
One thing I really like about Absynth is the ability to mutate existing sounds, i.e. create a new sound based on its parent sound, which is really useful if you want your own unique sound, and, like me, know dick about synthesizers. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Absynth? I love the name. :lol:

I actually do most of my "synth" stuff with guitars - reverse guitar, harmonized, with a healthy dose of FX can give you some pretty sweet sounds. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.