·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)smoking:)

Don't worry, I'm sure it still comes with a side of diarrhea. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Whole black beans, cilantro rice, citrus marinated chicken, Haas avocado guacamole and corn salsa are some of the new items that will be added to the menu.
So, wait, they just rolled up to a Chipotle, looked over the counter, and started writing up their new menu? :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was curious about this "Chipotle" because I'm a large fan of the sauce itself, so I googled it.

A) Need.
B) "We're Sorry!
No Chipotle locations found within 100 miles of Alberta, Canada.
Search again with another city, state or zip code. Or move."

:pissed:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I've probably been hearing about Chipotle on this site and on ss.org for about 5-6 years now and I still have never had it (or seen it in person for that matter). It always makes me interested.

There is a nifty place called Frijoles near where I work. I wonder if Chipotle is like that...

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Chipotle is pretty basic; just a handful of options for meat, salsa, burrito or tacos, etc. But, the ingredients are top notch, and pretty much obliterate everything else in the fast-food market. You'd have to go to a pretty damned nice Mexican place to get a better burrito, so I've found (in OH).

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Chipotle is pretty basic; just a handful of options for meat, salsa, burrito or tacos, etc. But, the ingredients are top notch, and pretty much obliterate everything else in the fast-food market. You'd have to go to a pretty damned nice Mexican place to get a better burrito, so I've found (in OH).
This. The veggies are fresh every day, and they make they cook up the beef, chicken, and pork as needed. You can actually see them grilling it up behind you. So, it's fast food in the sense that you're getting your metal fast, but it's not grade C crap that has been baking under a hot light for an hour.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Ditto with Qdoba, though they have a few more sauce options, so I tend to prefer Qdoba.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Ditto with Qdoba, though they have a few more sauce options, so I tend to prefer Qdoba.
Except Q'doba prepares most of their meats in the morning, and they sit around all day. They don't have the constant preparation work of Chipotle. They do have a larger menu, though, and the Ancho BBQ sauce is amazing.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Except Q'doba prepares most of their meats in the morning, and they sit around all day. They don't have the constant preparation work of Chipotle. They do have a larger menu, though, and the Ancho BBQ sauce is amazing.
It is - I've totally ripped it off and created my own version. :yesway:

Honestly, maybe it's just the one near you, Dave. Whenever I go in they usually have something on the grill, at the ones near me. :shrug: Then again, the one near Downtown Crossing in Boston has to have such high turnover that that's almost a must.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
The Q'doba around here is always grilling :shrug:

I like Chipotle too, but to me, it is just a vast oversight on their part not to have queso. Suriosly. Q'doba queso kicks butt.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
There are two Q'dobas near me, one around the corner, and one about 15mi down the road. Of course, the one near me blows.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts