Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Parental Advisory
288 Posts
Happening to me as well. I'm guessing it's an EU-wide thing after GDPR.

Great that you don't get the choice of disabling tracking, as well. You can choose to have targeted tracking ads, or non-targeted tracking ads. :roll2:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Happening to me as well. I'm guessing it's an EU-wide thing after GDPR.

Great that you don't get the choice of disabling tracking, as well. You can choose to have targeted tracking ads, or non-targeted tracking ads. :roll2:
Yeah, might be a GDPR thing as I don't get it in the US. Also, :lol: at meaningful choice.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I don't get that popup in the US either, but GDPR has affected me a lot too and it's pretty annoying, really (like, really). :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I don't get that popup in the US either, but GDPR has affected me a lot too and it's pretty annoying, really (like, really). :lol:
Try being a privacy/technology lawyer :lol:

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Is your browser set to not save cookies, or are you clearing them? A specific cookie "DATA_USE_CONSENT" needs to be kept in your browsers cookie files as that's what saves your response.

GDCP is only set to show for members in the EU/UK as their privacy laws changed. You wont see it from America.

- JB

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Is your browser set to not save cookies, or are you clearing them? A specific cookie "DATA_USE_CONSENT" needs to be kept in your browsers cookie files as that's what saves your response.

GDPR is only set to show for members in the EU/UK as their privacy laws changed. You wont see it from America.

- JB

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got cookies stored and am not clearing them.

members in the EU/UK
Oof, the distinction between the two... :(

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Hmm,

We gave this a test and it disappeared after clicking either option. This happens to users who left caches (not cookies) cleared at all times.
Members had "clear all cache on browser exit" checked, and because of that, each time you enter into forum, you would be asked again for consent.
When you un-checked that option, cache would provide info to pop-up script and would not ask for consent again, since info of previous choice was available.
Do you have any extensions running on your browser?

Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts