Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:agreed:

This is approximately what they looked like on Sunday at the Troc. Great shots of Attila's C7 for those of you curious about that.

I really found myself liking this song. Very well written, tasteful solo, catchy and powerful lyrics. I might be messing the story up, but Warrel explained that he wrote it about a friend (Jeff something if I recall) who committed suicide a few years ago, and that he wrote it for the guy's mother. The lyrics are about him wondering whether he'll meet God.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
It's pretty awesome.

You know, even Warrell's vocals have begun to grow on me lately. They're one of a handful of metal bands out there today that you pretty much have to respect, even if the singing isn't your thing. They have a unique sound, a punishing guitarist, put on a hell of a live show, and write fairly deep, thoughtful music, and turn out a solid new CD every couple years. They're just doing everything right.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
It's pretty awesome.

You know, even Warrell's vocals have begun to grow on me lately. They're one of a handful of metal bands out there today that you pretty much have to respect, even if the singing isn't your thing. They have a unique sound, a punishing guitarist, put on a hell of a live show, and write fairly deep, thoughtful music, and turn out a solid new CD every couple years. They're just doing everything right.
Other than the vocalist being shitty.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
It's pretty awesome.

Well, more than a couple of years between discs, and you missed the best part of the band - without Van Williams, the drummer, they're nothing. He has a knack for taking Jeff's weird riffs and making them drive - as someone once said to me, "he's the engine that drives Nevermore".

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Mike - my sense of pace when it comes to releasing albums is obviously a little suspect. :)

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, more than a couple of years between discs, and you missed the best part of the band - without Van Williams, the drummer, they're nothing. He has a knack for taking Jeff's weird riffs and making them drive - as someone once said to me, "he's the engine that drives Nevermore".
Honestly though, isn't that the whole point of the drummer? I guess some bands aren't drum-centric, and they are (like SlipKnot)... well Van is killer anyway.

Good God, I just compared Nevermore to SlipKnot. :(

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
I was on a Nevermore kick a couple of months ago... I'm of the opinion that they're one of the best metal bands out there right now making music. I understand that Warrel's vocals might not be everyone's cup of tea, even for me sometimes it's a bit much, you cannot deny their musicanship though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts