Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity. Not that I have GAS at all, or the will to impulse buy anything.

What's out there? I have enough superstrats, can't afford the Les Paul that I'd want, and don't really want to wait on a custom.

There's the EBMM JP6 with the piezo, which has a floater but it's not a floyd. What else is in that range, or around 1000-1500 in the used market?

This:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Music-Man-John-...7?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cb6485639#ht_500wt_1156

Is VERY tempting right now.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
They're definitely really nice guitars. I have a JP6, and to me it plays pretty similar to a superstrat with a floyd.

The floating trem on it is pretty nice, not quite like an OFR, but still a nice floater.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm float-ed out right now. The only guitars that I ever use it on are my green 550 (Original edge) and the 2027. The rest of them are either blocked, or about to be.

If they made a fixed bridge JP6, I'd be all over it. I just don't whoop whoop that much, and if I ever want to for recording, the 550 holds tune so well that's what I'd use anyway.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was juuust a little less expensive, I would buy the shit out of this, but $2200 is out of my range.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

Get one of those

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those are nice, but i'm looking for something higher end. I'd be thinking Custom 22. The SE, I'd have to replace the bridge, tuners, pickups, blah blah.

Not that SE's aren't nice, or that I'm really hunting hard..

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)metal:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ooh, that Soloway single-cutaway is gorgeous.

I'd second the PRS SE suggestion. The SE 245 looks pretty sweet on paper, and if it lives up to the rest of the SE line (which I have no reason to believe it shouldn't) then it'll definitely punch above it's weight.

A hardtail axis would be pretty sweet as well.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

If you really fucking sit and watch, Anderson proams pop up in that price range sometimes.
The PRS CEs (not se, the bolt on American CE) are in that range fairly often. My warmoth tele ftw. I know you said not rgs but the mtm2 is like the rogue "worth the money" ibby in it's price range. Hardtail American strats dhow up in that range all day long

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Also, the shop behind my house has a hardtail charvel socal

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Things I'm lookin for:

- Hard tail
- Not-Rosewood
- H-S-H or H-H
- Not a superstrat ideally, but not an RG definitely. :lol:

Things I'd like:
- Volute
- No fret markers
- Ebony board

I think I just talked myself into a Carvin. :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts

Yep buy a carvin :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)metal:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sweet! They have a return policy too, which is a nice safety net if you don't like it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts