Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I say treatments because I didn't do a *whole* lot. But, I am coming off a weird illness from last week, so I suppose that's good :lol:

Anyways, I switched out some bridge height set screws in my Samick Tele. The stock ones were 10 mm and chewing up my hands. Before I found these 6 mm long M3x0.5's, I had a piece of orange (hot, no less) duct tape on there to dull them :lol:. MUCH smoother now.

On my LP, I relocated the pickup selector switch, removed the JackPots, and added an on/off flip. The pups are still the same (BKP Rebel Yell and Mississippi Queen).

...and I dressed up what would have been empty holes with bolts and washers, and added my customized REBEL / YELL poker chip!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I want to roll the volume back a bit, I either hit my volume pedal, or go lighter with my right hand.

95% of the time, whenever I reached for a volume or tone knob, it was to check that it was up all the way :)

Actually, that Tele doesn't have any pots, nor does The Roudness, and soon enough neither will the Hamer.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That's one thing that i often notice in live videos of guitarists… they tend to obsessively roll their pinkies on the volume knob (especially Strat players), even if it's already full-on.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I ride my volume pot a ton while playing - I could never do that. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

WTF did you do to that Les Paul? :(

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

WTF did you do to that Les Paul? :(
Other than widening two holes from 3/8" to 1/2", nothing that's irreversible :)

Those washers are actually sealing washers, with a rubber coating on the bottom-side, that I got from McMaster-Carr, so they won't marr the finish :D

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ride my volume pot a ton while playing - I could never do that. :lol:
This might be a silly question... but, at what point do you hear the sound, and think, "I need to turn the volume down just a bit"?

·
This space for rent
1,482 Posts
^
i believe it's an emergency failsafe in case your instrument starts randomly djenting.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
This might be a silly question... but, at what point do you hear the sound, and think, "I need to turn the volume down just a bit"?
When you're playing tasteful blues licks! AKA anytime you're wearing cracker jack clothes!

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts