Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since school I always played different sports.
Volleyball, beach volleyball, futsal, soccer, paddle, biribol, tennis.
I'm also a scuba diving and skydiving instructor but I don't work as an instructor anymore, I just dive/jump for fun.
Sports give you a good character, you learn to respect the other players cause they're not enemies but friends cause without them, you wouldn't be able to play.
What about you guys, what do you play?

Reactions: 1

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Sports give you a good character, you learn to respect the other players cause they're not enemies but friends cause without them, you wouldn't be able to play.
That's a pretty awesome way of looking at it. :yesway:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Paintball.
I find the vast majority of sports to be incredibly boring, but shooting people non-lethally is fun and sometimes hilarious.

·
Engineer Bassist
355 Posts
Soccer mostly. I'm in an coed adult indoor league right now on a random team of strangers. I try to play all seasons but don't know anyone really so I just keep playing with strangers. It's fun but it takes a while to mesh as a team :/

Otherwise I play pickup games of Ultimate Frisbee with people from my graduate school. Pickup soccer with them too. And, I played on an intramural Flag Football team with some of the same people.

Recently I trained for and ran a 5K so I can work on getting into sprint Triathalons. That's about it now but I love sports and being at the age that it's harder to play them is so disheartening.

Edit: Oops I scuba dive too!!

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Hockey!!! :scream:

Can't wait for winter to come and go play outside. :D
Also, I run 3 times a week and play some badminton. In the summer : basketball, tennis.

:lol:
What? It's actually fun! Not boring as fuck like American football or baseball...

Hockey can be fun to watch because it's a pretty brutal sport and they don't stop to line up every 10 seconds.

·
IN THE FAAACE!
1,247 Posts
Just jiu jitsu currently.

I don't count running or weightlifting as a sport. :lol:
Unless of course its power or oly lifiting for competition. ;)

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Tennis.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
I've played a lot of sports over the years.
The only ones I still currently play are Rugby (both league and union) and Golf (although only occasionally now).

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Since when are we serious here? Just fucking with you, zeppy. :lol:

... ok, also laughing at "paintball" as a sport. When is it at the Olympics? :D

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Right now? Unless you can class 'bodybuilding' (I use the term loosely), or gaming as a sport, then nothing. Thinking of starting some kind of martial arts again as I used to train in Wing Chun, and skating, but bothered in case I break my wrists again. Would love to get into baseball, as I loved playing it at school, but wouldn't have a fucking clue where to start now.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Pocket billiards.

Honestly nothing, the only sports I enjoy are Motorsport and MMA anyway. I MAY get into MMA at some point but we shall see...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts