Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Knives!
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a huge fan of Reaper but our vocalist is using it to track some vocals from afar since he doesn't have cubase etc. However, I am unaware whether or not is supports .smt files i.e cubase tempo map files? Want to try and load them in that way because inputting them is just a hassle. Does anyone know if it's possible or have I just missed something crucial?

Help us out Drew! (I'm pretty sure you said you use Reaper)

Tried dragging and dropping the tempo map from cubase onto the tempo timeline but got 'cannot import 1 of 1'

Thanks guys!

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
lol Ironically, I'm not a big fan of Cubase. That aside, I don't believe that would be possible. But maybe you can find a plugin somewhere. I found out the other week that Reaper can produce .omf files with a plugin....which is pretty much only Pro Tools and Logic. Who knew? I'm sure that if you cruise the internet you'll find something.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Why not just send him an MP3 to sing over? Then he could send the vocal tracks back to you.
If they're not lining up and you're not starting each vocal track from the very beginning of the song, it can be a nightmare to re-import the vocal tracks this way, but I get what you're saying.

·
Knives!
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thomas - they don't line up when that happens unless I bounce down a wav in a new project, needs to all be to the same click track so the audio doesn't strength..

Simon - I use that all the time, why the fudge did I forget that.

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Is there anyway you can bounce out a .wav or .aif with a click track in it? I usually do something fairly similar to that if needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts