·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Sounds pretty damn good, man.

My speakers are just some POS Logitech THX 2.1 deals, and they either make everything sounds really good, or like shit.

I think for the most part, it sounds very good. There's almost this super high-end frequency band "sizzle" I'm not getting through my speakers, but other than that, it definitely sounds very good.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds pretty damn good, man.

My speakers are just some POS Logitech THX 2.1 deals, and they either make everything sounds really good, or like shit.

I think for the most part, it sounds very good. There's almost this super high-end frequency band "sizzle" I'm not getting through my speakers, but other than that, it definitely sounds very good.
Thanks man. I think i want a tiny bit more of that "Sizzle" you were mentioning but glad its sounding cool.

·
abides
851 Posts
It definitely doesn't sound bad, but it is lacking solid low end and air in the top end - the whole mix sounds like it's bandpassed between about 100Hz and 16kHz. The result is a lot of the mix elements are fighting for midrange space and you're getting some ugly buildup around the 300-500Hz and 800-1.1kHz area, plus there are some uglies residing further up in the 2-4kHz area.

What are you monitoring on? It's incredibly hard to make good, informed mix/mastering decisions when you're not hearing the music in as clearly presented a fashion as possible. :)

EDIT: Also, what are you using as reference mixes?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It definitely doesn't sound bad, but it is lacking solid low end and air in the top end - the whole mix sounds like it's bandpassed between about 100Hz and 16kHz. The result is a lot of the mix elements are fighting for midrange space and you're getting some ugly buildup around the 300-500Hz and 800-1.1kHz area, plus there are some uglies residing further up in the 2-4kHz area.

What are you monitoring on? It's incredibly hard to make good, informed mix/mastering decisions when you're not hearing the music in as clearly presented a fashion as possible. :)

EDIT: Also, what are you using as reference mixes?
This is ideal!
My monitoring situation is lacking at the moment as one of my other bands needs them for that bands album so im stuck with CD player speakers currently. it sucks!

I definitely agreed with the low end and lack of sizzley highs

Im soon going to be using a friends monitors so il be able to get a much better representation of whats really going on.

Im using Izotope 4 for mastering but im new to the software as well as mastering in general and i dont really know how to get the best out of it at all!

Thanks for the input dude! This is exactly what i was after!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts