Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tempus Fusion on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

THE BAYING OF THE WOLF!

so pleased with the session today! growler is Max and singer is Dave

altho i did fuckup hugly...
i deleted/overwrite the cubase file for the song when loading a different one to do the vocals in .... meaning i basically deleted the song file and have only the vocals left ... bugger

its ok tho cus the drums i have on a diff program which is untouched along with the synths but i gotta redo all the guitars and bass and solos and all the mass production i know i had on it all
not the end of the world but still a pain in the ass :lol:

but ya please ignore the slightly "too compressed" sound
the backing song was the mixed instrumental version with the vocals put on top as i need to redo the song again now

Comments pwease :D

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
I need an EP with this on it. :squint:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need an EP with this on it. :squint:
ul get one :squint:

soon!
looking into getting the CDs n shit made and finishing the vocals
this was 1 days worth so hopfully wont be longer to get the rest done

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
TBH, i was expecting more singing without gruffness to the vocals for this kind of music.

And someone tried to hit a high note pretty hard :lol:.

it's good, but not entirely my cup of tea. i still want both versions though :)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya tis only the first mix
i foolishly deleted the song so havnt been able to give it a proper mix yet
need to rerecord all the guitars and bass ... lame

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Being completely honest, I think the vocalists need a lot of practice.

The music and particularly the production is really really good before you put the vocals on it, but the whole thing hasn't come together very well. Vocals need to be quieter, with a better balance between your clean/dirty vocals, and they (the singers) really need to sound better, because its letting all the work you've done down man, and they aren't showcasing how much work you've put into this. :(

[action=Stitch]waits for the hate.[/action]

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
budda agrees with stitch

Basically, the music sounds professionally done and the vocals do not. This takes away from the awesome music that you've worked so hard to create.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm i do see what you guys mean
I have remixed it all from scratch now
Id be most greatful if you could have another listen and see if there are any improvments mix-wise and what still needs work from your point-of-views

EDIT: thanks for being honest :wub:
tis the best way for me to get it right :)

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
The mix sounds pretty good to me, but i am not as knowledgeable when it comes to mxies - someone get teh bulb!

also, the guy who does the actual singing sounds good, its the guy with the growly voice who needs replacing :lol:. Is the guy who *hits* the high note the same guy who does all the gravely singing and growling?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Max is the High note guy and growler ya and he doesnt need replacing :lol:
end of the day this is MY project for ME - tis the only reason it exists and tis only becoming a band for a laugh. i like maxs voice with it - some bits need going over ya but still im pleased with it
it could just be cus u guys are too used to the instrumental versions maybe? cus it took me a lil while to warm up to em

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I know it's your stuff dude, me and stitch were talking about it - if you're happy with the produc tthen that's what counts. im still buying a copy ;).

and factoring the instrumental version, i was expecting slightly different vocals really.

like i said, it's your product and it will receive a good response - not entirely my cup of tea, but chances are it will grow on me anyway. I mean, i bought johnny truant blind and they turned into one of my favourite bands :lol:.

:metal:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha ya thats a fair responce i think :yesway:
i was a lil bit gutted you guys wernt digging it too much straight away but maybe everyone has different views as to what each of them want

me for example, i want devin townsend as my singer mix with a bit of bjorn from soilwork and nevermore singing all in one.
and im very happy with how its all turning out!
il put up another song or 2 when theyr are done and we'l see how u guys like them. might like them better .. never know!

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I'm willing to bet that growler guy will improve with time :)

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Tim, the vocals do grow on you lol. did he have mic fright?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts