Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what universe these people are on, but how does Tenacious D win Metal Performance of the year over Anthrax, and Motor Head? This is almost as bad as Jethro Tull winning over Metallica.:scream2:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Are they even still going!? Christ, that "retarded fat cousin of mine" shtick wore thin in about 2007, and it wasn't even that good then!

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
I'm not sure what universe these people are on, but how does Tenacious D win Metal Performance of the year over Anthrax, and Motor Head? This is almost as bad as Jethro Tull winning over Metallica.:scream2:
Because the Grammys are dumb and every year I'm amazed that anyone, let alone metalheads, pay it any attention at all.

See also: the Rock n Roll hall of fame.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
All award shows are the same: it's a big party for people in that industry and a chance for them to pat each other on the back. They can be kinda fun to watch if you're really into that medium and all the popular personalities who are at the show if you don't take it too seriously, but that's about it.

The fact that people place so much importance on them and get in a huff about who or didn't deserve an Oscar/Tony/Grammy/Whatever puzzles the shit out of me.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I think the only time I ever watched part of the Grammy's was when Metallica was up for the Best Metal award but lost to Jethro Tull. I wanted to see Metallica perform so I waited for them and for the award to be announced. After I heard they gave it to Tull, I was done. Don't think I've watched a minute since.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

The :dgaf: cannot adequately sum up the lack of fucks I give about the Grammy's.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.