Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Jeff said:
Did you see the shenanigans that Kanye tried to pull again? What a douche.
No, because a) I dint watch the Grammys, and b) I don't pay attention to a single thing that comes out of that talentless, self-absorbed jackass' mouth.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I love how people are now trying to turn it into a black/white thing. It's not like black artists haven't won Album of the Year. :lol:
It's a pretty black and white issue. There's no grey area; Kanye is an asshole.

No, because a) I dint watch the Grammys, and b) I don't pay attention to a single thing that comes out of that talentless, self-absorbed jackass' mouth.
Fair enough, but even this is good from an entertainment value.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

Oh, he picks his targets, that's for sure. If I was in the position of getting interrupted, his punk ass would get popped in the jaw on national television.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Back when I was a jock at a rock station, we used to make fun of the Grammys anyway but when Tull won for best Hard Rock / Metal performance, we turned up the heat.

The Grammys have always been, as most awards shows are, a promotional vehicle.

It's a chance for the industry to pat itself on the back and pander to simpletons with open wallets.

It's a chance for burned-out, dope-addled, pop stars who can't remember the lyrics to songs they never wrote to stand behind a Plexiglas lectern and expound on whatever cause was on PBS that morning when they were trying to pull that dirty needle out from between their fucking toes.

It's a chance for narcissistic dipshits to show their nice, firm, $10,000 titties and yes, I'm talking about Kanye's titties that are filled not with silicone or saline but vinegar and water.

It's a chance for sponsors to get their shitty product in front of millions of buyers stupid enough to be watching the Grammys and insane enough to think if they drink Pepsi they'll either get laid or just plain have an orgasm in their pants.

As far as Tenacious D getting best metal performance, I'm a lifelong Dio fan. I cried when he passed. The fact that Dio was never recognized by this wandering herd of autotuned cunts and that two comics that made their bones goofing on other peoples' music were, pisses me off no end.

Uh, so I don't watch the Grammys.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.