Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one of these today, kid was trying to trade it in at DJM. :lol:

COLOSSAL PIECE OF SHIT up close. Looked like the truss rod routes were done with a chisel.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Anything with the name Tennessee on it isn't worth playing. Some of them look neat from afar, but they're fucking awful pieces of shit. The guitar in my avatar was a Tennessee. It got me a couple decent pictures, but that is the only thing it was worth using for. I don't think it would have even made good kindling.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
:eek: How the fuck do you play an instrument with a neck that thick? And how do you expect to play bass with only 14 frets? Or are we just doing rap-style bass or punk or something incredibly simplistic... Not that you'd expect it to be simplistic with a neck as hard to play as that... Blows the mind.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
I remember something similar to this that was very popular in the 90's. It was a 4 string bass with a 6 string guitar on the same neck. Can't remember the brand but it was white and all over the place.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
And therein lies the problem. If you're going to combine instruments, fine, just have more than one neck.
Maybe the idea was to have something sort of like a Novax guitar where you could play guitar and bass at the same time. It's still a horrible design, even if that is the case, but that may have been their thinking.

I remember something similar to this that was very popular in the 90's. It was a 4 string bass with a 6 string guitar on the same neck. Can't remember the brand but it was white and all over the place.
Oh, I know what you're talking about. I wanted one of those to mess around on, but they were too expensive. Didn't someone here (I want to say Shannon or Donnie) pick one up cheap a couple years ago?

Edit: It's a Sanbass Treblebass

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
At least the frets lineup :lol:
Maybe the idea was to have something sort of like a Novax guitar where you could play guitar and bass at the same time. It's still a horrible design, even if that is the case, but that may have been their thinking.

Oh, I know what you're talking about. I wanted one of those to mess around on, but they were too expensive. Didn't someone here (I want to say Shannon or Donnie) pick one up cheap a couple years ago?

Edit: It's a Sanbass Treblebass

1 - 15 of 15 Posts