Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Haha, no shit.

Definitely can't wait to profile my 6505, Drew's Roadster, and every amp at your house! :lol:

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
:scream: *enters fanboi mode*

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Haha, no shit.

Definitely can't wait to profile my 6505, Drew's Roadster, and every amp at your house! :lol:
Guitar Center is going to have some big purchases and returns! :lol:

Is this process basically the same as the Kemper?

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, no shit.

I've got nothing left at my house.
I sold the 5150 II and the Mark IV last month. :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Built-in metronome in the next FW as well. Hey, why not?

Edit: And a new amp model.

Cliff said:
I have one amp left to match, a Blankenship Leeds which I hope to finish today. We were able to get the new Looper code into the release so we want to take a couple extra days and make sure that it works seamlessly but still shooting for 4/23.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Haha, no shit.

If you profile your exact 6505, would you still keep it anyway? I'd love to get an Axe or Kemper and profile my DC-5, then sell the DC. Seems to make a lot of sense. For me, anyway.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
If you profile your exact 6505, would you still keep it anyway?
Yes. Processing and modeling are awesome, but everyone should own a plain old amp that they can just flip on and no-nonsense have it sound great every time.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Haha, no shit.

I'd be interested to see how my Budda sounded as a profile. I've yet to find a sim that feels like "home" like that amp does... although the ReValver sim can get close with a lot of tweaking.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Yes. Processing and modeling are awesome, but everyone should own a plain old amp that they can just flip on and no-nonsense have it sound great every time.
Fair enough. I was just curious, because before we were talking about a real amp vs. a modeled "approximation", but now with the Kemper profiling and now with this AFX firmware, it changes the game quite a bit because it's THAT amp that you're getting. And if the Kemper is any indication, it's pretty damn uncanny.

We live in interesting times, for sure.

For me, I'd almost be happy if Line 6 would allow people to use 3rd party IR's! But us cheapskates can't even get that. Ah well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts