Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call the Office, february 3rd. Aaron, my apologies for lack of flash and thus good pics for your set :(. I went through 4 AA's and took 369 pics that night.. thanks to laura for the extra set of batteries!

Here are the "cream of the crop" - those of you who have me on facebook can see more there, as i put up 154 pics :lol:.

Dead and Divine

Born of Osiris

I hope you enjoyed them! I should have used flash the whole time... ah well!

·
18,790 Posts
As mentioned in the other thread, this is what was on stage during our set:

Darkest Hour backline (Randall stack, 5150III stack, both with head/rack cases and pedalboards set on top of racks, Eden bass stack)
Born of Osiris backline (Randall V2 heads on top of Darkest Hours cabs, Ampeg bass stack)
Arise and Ruin backline (5150 head + rack on Marshall Mode 4 cab, Marshall cab sitting on head/rack case with another rack on top and another 5150 head next to that)
Our backline (JCM800 and Fender PA head on 2 Marshall cabs, Mesa Dual Rect. + rack on Marshall Mode 4 cab, my Ampeg bass rig)

So, to summarise:
10 amp heads
3 bass heads
9 guitar cabs
4 bass cabs
10 racks
5 pedal boards
6 piece drumkit with 8 cymbals
5 people

:lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what, no one else wants to see these pics?!

my career as band photographer is over :( :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
How did the 5150 III sound?

Nice job Justin. You'll make a great groupie someday. :D

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
The guy using the 5150III and Washburn had probably the best tone all night, definitely my favourite lead tone all night (thanks to the neck single coil).
Is that a Nuno Bettencourt Washburn? It looks like it and the crazy naked guy playing drums is kind of distracting. :lol:

Yes neck single coils do rule.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did the 5150 III sound?

Nice job Justin. You'll make a great groupie someday. :D
the 5150III sounded great IMO. the two guitars blended really well with the bass vox and drums, overall a great live sound. I dunno what the other guitarist was running - aaron, what was in the giant rack that only the drummer could see???

and yeah, mr sleeves was playing a Nuno sig (N4 maybe?).

Eric, I would gladly be a groupie for the keyboard players in Bleeding Through or Farewell to Freeway :D

did anyone notice that the other guitarist in arise and ruin is playing a white parker singlecut-looking guitar? his soundcheck went from 60's bluesrock playing to drop C chug riffs, made me smile

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Eric, I would gladly be a groupie for the keyboard players in Bleeding Through or Farewell to Freeway :D
I don't know the keyboardist for Farewell to Freeway but maybe I'll look her up.

I require more BOO pics.

·
18,790 Posts
aaron, what was in the giant rack that only the drummer could see???
Randall head of some kind (I think it was a V2) and the second head in his rack was either another Randall or a 5150/6505 of some kind, can't remember exactly, but the logo was missing and it looked different from the top head.

Is that a Nuno Bettencourt Washburn? It looks like it and the crazy naked guy playing drums is kind of distracting. :lol:

Yes neck single coils do rule.
Yeah, they were both playing Nunos, one was playing an N2 or N4 (natural finish, two HBs, more traditional Nuno), the other guy was playing what looks like an N6 based on the current website.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh damn, they ARE both nuno's. i thought only the natural one was an N series.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts