Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, that's right, my band Terrorhorse just signed on to be in the first run of songs released on the Rock Band Network. Our full EP "This Ain't No Goddamn Mirage" will be posted, along with a new song called "Soil" we're recording in August. The first song to be posted will be "Packet Flyer", which we saw in action tonight and it is insane!

For those unfamiliar with my band, here's "Packet Flyer" ;)

TERRORHORSE (Hamilton Friday!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Basically, it's a service for getting your band's material out on the Rock Band game marketplace. I don't know if you get to create the playable chart for the game or not, but regardless you get a cut of any and all sales of your tracks on the Xbox marketplace. It's pretty cool and is solidifying the Rock Band/Guitar Hero franchise as a legitimate way to get publicity with your band.

I used to play these games like crazy, and nothing gets you appreciating new music like playing it on one of these games.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (shsjdjfueyktlgdffiofhfjeofyefh: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

grats

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
congrats! I hope you, richard and matt all get the high scores on your own songs :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure I can play our own songs :lol:

Yeah, it's basically a way that anyone can get their songs into Rock Band 2, so that people can buy and download them. You can upload them yourself, but you have to create the charts for it, which involves an expensive software licensing fee, and some difficult programming. We're involved with the Rhythm Authors who have been doing this already for quite some time, and have been made "official" recently. They do excellent work, and have a great reputation and following in the Rock Band community.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts