Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The new album's up on iTunes, the last thing I did with the band :yesway: Kind of feels cool to know I have an album up on iTunes :D

As much as I'm not a fan of a certain member of the band, or even the songs in general, I'm pretty proud of my own contributions, given what I had to work with, and mostly, as I said, it just feels cool to have an album out there :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those looking for the "best bits" here's the moments on the album I like:

Modern Mathematics - 1:15-2:15
Feral - 1:00-2:20
City Sleepers - 0:58-1:12 (my riff :lol: ) comes back at 2:25-end
Magnolia - this song I actually kind of like start to finish, but my favourite part is the clean break at 1:58-3:02 (with clean vocals)
Prelude - while I preferred the version with the original singer that'll never get released, I really like the middle section of this song 2:35-5:06 (also the only song on the album with my Jazz Bass on it, so the tones a little nicer)
Human Geography - 0:45-1:18 and 3:28-end (the only real chorus on the album :lol: ) and 2:57-3:28 is a wanky almost power-metal moment (though no clean vocals).
Cinema - I actually don't mind most of this song, we kept it pretty grooving and straight forward moreso than any other song, though it's a little "breakdown-y" in places.
This Much Is True - 1:15-2:33 some fun tapping and slap on the bass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts