Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
I've only read The Colour of Magic, the first Rincewind novel, so far. I really liked the humor and the setting, but it started to drag a little bit towards the end, maybe because I was rushing to finish it so I could start reading another book. :lol:

The setting is vastly different from your usual fantasy universe, and the writing style is eccentric in a way that I like. Overall it was a good read, though. I'd like to read more Discworld books in the future, especially since I've read on the internets that series gets better down the road, and that The Colour of Magic is not regarded as a favorite among Discworld readers. :)

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
I've read three of the Discworld novels and thought the "Colour of Magic" TV movie by SkyOne was really good (although I'm sure "purists" hate it).
Man, I can't bring myself to watch it because Discworld in my mind has the cartoony appearance of the book covers. It may also have something to do with the fact that I've played the Discworld game quite a bit. :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.