Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Texan has had a few issues since i've got it. I've got some fret buzz on the upper frets, and no matter how I adjust the saddles/trussrod it is still there, and the saddle screws are loose, the saddles lower themselves from the string tension. Kurt said he would send me some saddles, but I would really rather upgrade them anyway. I'm waiting for the tech to call me back to tell me how much it will be.

A few questions:
Where can I find reasonably priced brass tele saddles?
Do you think the neck needs a shim? The bridge doesn't have any angle, but could that be the buzz?
Has anyone played a tele with brass saddles And nut?

I really need to get this fixed soon, it is my favorite sounding/playing guitar, even with the few issues it plays great.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Where can I find reasonably priced brass tele saddles?
allparts.com

Do you think the neck needs a shim? The bridge doesn't have any angle, but could that be the buzz?
If adjusting the saddles and truss rod hasn't fixed the problem, it sounds the like the neck needs a shim removed as it sounds like you have too much neck pitch. I also have no idea what you mean by 'bridge doesn't have any angle'.

Has anyone played a tele with brass saddles And nut?
Yes. Delicious. Warm and buttery.

I really need to get this fixed soon, it is my favorite sounding/playing guitar, even with the few issues it plays great.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I meant it doesn't need a neck angle like a TOM requires (unless recessed). I was hoping to find somewhere that sells single saddles as I need 7 of them. I guess I could email them and ask if they would though.

Allparts only have the 3 way brass saddles. :noway:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Fender replacement saddles are chromed brass?

Otherwise:

Brass Saddles for Guitar Bridges

But those are kind of pricey.
I didn't even think about using those type saddles instead of Tele saddles. :yesway: If they will fit, I will be getting some. (Probably not the expensive ones show in the link :lol:)

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

7deadlysins said:
I meant it doesn't need a neck angle like a TOM requires (unless recessed). I was hoping to find somewhere that sells single saddles as I need 7 of them. I guess I could email them and ask if they would though.

Allparts only have the 3 way brass saddles. :noway:
Email Dave ate fretsonthenet, he'll hook you up

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
If you're having buzzing in the upper frets, and truss rod and bridge adjustments aren't helping, you may need the frets leveled and crowned. High frets could be causing your buzzing issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts