Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . when you finally get to hear the things you recorded.

After more than two months, I've finally managed to get myself a pair of studio monitors. Whats even better, they're red, and they were on sale for almost 25% off (M-Audio STUDIOPHILE AV 40 Red Edition | Musician's Friend).

I've had riffs sitting on my computer for months, and tonight I finally got to hear them. My projects once I finish my schoolwork is going to be building my Flying V, figuring out EZdrummer, and then recording a sweet track for you guys to hear.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it. Hopefully I can get a track up here in the next couple weeks! :flex:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Awesome. :yesway: I need to buy myself some new studio monitors in the near future myself. Within the next 2-3 weeks probably.

And makes me realize how much hearing damage I have. I'm not kidding either.
I can totally identify. :agreed:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I've got the same ones in black, they're pretty neat! (Also cheap)
:agreed:

Yeah, I just got the same ones in black. Pretty fun having a complete setup again, especially now that I have more of a clue of what I am doing :lol:

It's always fun recording things, but the learning curve with a DAW and such can be a pain in the ass.

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Going to a couple of concerts without ear plugs standing in front of the PA will get you the Low pass filter you deserve! After that everything will sound smooth through any monitor...
I saw Kreator when I was sixteen, and the next day I couldn't hear out of my right ear. After that I've been much more conscientious about earplugs, especially at band practice.

I have a focusrite 2i2, so I'm pretty good on that end, the only issue is I can sweeten up the sound on the front end, so direct recording does sound really harsh. I'll be sticking to live stuff for the most part anyway, unless I happen to buy a cheap pod, which my friend has and sound amazing for being the size of my fist.

And I cleaned it up, just for you Max :wub:

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I have an office poster net to my desk. It really stands out among all the metal posters.

I have a very stereotypical teenage metalhead room. Except Im 20

1 - 16 of 16 Posts