Here's to more beer and chicken in the Red Sox club house. :yesway:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Oh, also, Rockies starting pitching is looking so bad that 49 year old Jamie Moyer might make the starting rotation. :lol:

EDIT: Also, our Opening Day starter is Jeremy Guthrie....he has potential, but quite the losing record...

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, also, Rockies starting pitching is looking so bad that 49 year old Jamie Moyer might make the starting rotation. :lol:
Jamie Moyer could be one of your better starters on that staff. At least you'll get some innings out of him despite his old age. :lol:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I'm a Cubs fan...need I say more.....:shrug:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a Cubs fan...need I say more.....:shrug:
It's got to turn around eventually, right? What has it been, a century since their last championship?

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Jamie Moyer could be one of your better starters on that staff. At least you'll get some innings out of him despite his old age. :lol:
Yeah no kidding. I am hoping Pomeranz keeps developing, and De La Rosa comes back from Tommy John. If so, we will be decent with starting pitching. If not, we are going to be horrible...again.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Amazing to see my Rangers make the World Series two years in a row after having never won a playoff series. :lol:

Maybe this will be the breakout year, can't recall losing anyone besides CJ Wilson but replacing him with Yu Darvish should offset that nicely.

Also, FTY.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yeah no kidding. I am hoping Pomeranz keeps developing, and De La Rosa comes back from Tommy John. If so, we will be decent with starting pitching. If not, we are going to be horrible...again.
De La Rosa's effectiveness will depend on if he fixes his mechanics. Tommy John only fixes a pitcher's elbow, not what destroyed the elbow in the first place. If he comes back and his arm is still lagging behind the rest of his body, go ahead and write him off. TJ surgery's never as effective the second time.

My team's the Tigers. Miguel Cabrera's the best batter in the American League, including Pujols. Prince Fielder is Prince Fielder, and Justin Verlander is Justin Verlander. If baseball games were home run derbies, the pennant would be ours to lose, but that pesky "defense" thing might come back and bother us a little.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Halos are bringing it home this year. Can't wait to watch Pujols tear it up!

Also can't wait to watch CJ Wilson beat his old team.

Oh, and FTY.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Geez. 49 year old Jamie Moyer is the Rockies #2 starter. Our starting pitching might not be better than last year. Top 7 in hitting, bottom 3 in pitching. Go Rox.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Jamie Moyer fact: he was the last pitcher to start for the Cubs before they started playing night games at Wrigley Field.

In 1988. :lol:

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Didn't see this thread here till just now. So excited that baseball is back.

Oh, and go Yankees :fuckyou:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts