Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm almost certain this must have been done before, but by god it needs to be done again.

This is for appreciating such gems as Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf, Porridge, Monty Python, The Young Ones, Black Books, Little Britain, The League of Gentlemten and so on.

Any other huge fans?

:metal: :D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
:yesway:

Grew up on this stuff on PBS in Canada. Faulty Tower, Are You Being Served and Keeping up Appearances. Are you being served was hilarious as was Faulty.

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
Keeping Up Appearances +1

Can't forget: The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, The Two Ronnies, Fry & Laurie

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another + 1 to The Two Ronnies and Keeping Up Appearances.

I'll also throw in Dave Allen, The Brittas Empire (not 100% on the spelling), and to a lesser extent Dads Army and Blackadder (i never really liked it, but its just wrong to say it doesn't at least have its moments :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
My girlfriend has introduced me to Fry & Laurie, Faulty Towers, and Coupling, which is a show that looks EXACTLY like friends, except they actually discuss things people in real life discuss; sex.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
The Young Ones

[/thread]

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Fuck, how could I not have posted "The Germans" episode of Fawlty Towers in the OP :wallbash: :lol: Easily one of the best IMO.

"Just don't mention the war! I did, but I think I got away with it..."
"So, that's two egg mayonnaise, a prawn Goebbels, a Hermann Goering, and four Colditz salads."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts