Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:winning:
My parents confiscated it when they saw it, because I traded it to my cousin on Christmas Eve. :lol: I had to sneak into their bedroom and swipe it back here and there to listen to it. That situation will breed a metalhead 100% of the time. I was ~10 or so.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
My parents confiscated it when they saw it, because I traded it to my cousin on Christmas Eve. :lol: I had to sneak into their bedroom and swipe it back here and there to listen to it. That situation will breed a metalhead 100% of the time.
You got lucky. My mother is Catholic, so she shattered my Holy Diver record in front of me. :(

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
They oughtta look old. They're all in their mid 40s, soon to be 50. They still sound good, though.

And, if you're trying to compare Iron Maiden with the Beastie Boys... :squint: That's just... ridiculous.

I was good enough to hide my music from my super duper religious parents until I was about 17 or so. I did have other things confiscated... books and comics burned in the fireplace and so on.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I was talking to my dad about Metallica when I first started listening to them (Load, I was 10) and he played me Sabbath's "Into The Void" on a turntable with a loose belt (so it played slower). I think that explains a lot :rofl:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
The Beastie Boys had some of my favorite music videos on MTV (back when they actually played music videos), Sabotage, Body Movin etc..

I'm also really lucky that my parents were non-religious (they may believe in God, but never talk about religion so I don't even know :lol: ), so I was always allowed to listen to metal. :yesway:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.