Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Man, thats good stuff.

What is the one you posted a few years back? Black metal, then Pink Floyd out of nowhere. Necromortis, necromortem, something like that?

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, thats good stuff.

What is the one you posted a few years back? Black metal, then Pink Floyd out of nowhere. Necromortis, necromortem, something like that?
Nokturnal Mortum. Those guys are hardcore Nazis unfortunately. Seriously. The Pink Floyd sections are really good though. Normally I just trash music if the people are shitheads, because it's never good enough to be worth it and I am like a Level 666 Social Justice Warrior, but I still spin that once or twice. Supposedly they abandoned the idealogy, and the lineup is way different than it was when they were a Nazi Band, but who knows how legit that is. They had a swastika in their logo early on though.

One of the only "yep, this was made by Nazis" records I own. I was about to throw it out of my collection, but I realized if I made my music collection one hundred percent free of Nazi shit, I would also have to make my collection feature restricted to the "Big Three of Thrash", due to Jeff Hanneman and his terrible taste in inlays. Most people are actually massively hypocritical about grandfather clausing Slayer in. Like "just because they are one of the big four you are going to overlook that shit huh?". Everyone I know who is like "yeah, let's throw out all the stuff that had nazi iconography *cough* except Slayer, we don't talk about Slayer, we just turn a blind eye to that *cough*"

The same rules apply to Pantera. I figured if I got rid of the cool Pink Floyd record made by Nazis and didn't get rid of Jeff Hanneman shit or the works of Phil "I yelled ***********, but only as a joke" Anselmo it would be a bit hypocritical.

At least with Swastikas you can make the horrible disingenuous excuse that "it's an ancient symbol used by lots of people that is sacred in many cultures, Hindus use it and they aren't Nazis, so it's not being used in a Nazi context". Deaths Head shit and SS runes are worse. You can't "IT'S AN ANCIENT SYMBOL USED IN MANY NON NAZI CONTEXTS LOOK AT ALL THE HINDUS PAINTING THEIR FACES WITH SS RUNES AND WEARING SHIRTS WITH DEATHS HEAD ICONOGRAPHY" those.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes, this a serious matter, but this is an hilarious post! Don't worry the goddam Hindus had the little tips backwards! They didn't want anything to do with these bastards either! I'm cracking up here! And while yer at it get rid of those fearing guys! You made my goddam night!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Gilmour is simply one of the greats. That stuff at Pompeii is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
What's wrong with the singer? He sounds like he needs a glass of water :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes, this a serious matter, but this is an hilarious post! Don't worry the goddam Hindus had the little tips backwards! They didn't want anything to do with these bastards either! I'm cracking up here! And while yer at it get rid of those fearing guys! You made my goddam night!
I realized that my remark could me taken wrong...I have no knowledge of no make any association of the band Fearing with any creed, beliefs, political party, flavor or color. I only know that they sing funny. Jay

·
Registered
135 Posts
I realized that my remark could me taken wrong...I have no knowledge of no make any association of the band Fearing with any creed, beliefs, political party, flavor or color. I only know that they sing funny. Jay
Sorry, Feared is the band. I was going to write one entitled "This is just what I Feared" but in a rare moment of discretion I thought better of it. Now where's that goddam smiley thing when i need it?

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I love you
Sorry, Feared is the band. I was going to write one entitled "This is just what I Feared" but in a rare moment of discretion I thought better of it. Now where's that goddam smiley thing when i need it?
Hey there. :)

At the bottom far right, there's a little sign that says "multi-quote". Use it, so you can combine all quotes and answers in one post instead of making several posts one after another.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I actually enjoy it. It's like having Christopher Walken on the user list.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I actually enjoy it. It's like having Christopher Walken on the user list.
If you are talking about me, which is probably presumptuous of me to assume, somebody was trying to understand me once and said I was like Miles Davis. I said the only difference is that he is rich, black, talented, good looking and intelligent.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts