Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was pretty good. :yesway:

The Book of Eli (2010)

Went in expecting Mad Max, and for the first half hour or so it is (kinda), but then it takes a bit of a turn towards something a little different.

Worth watching. Denzel is good as always, and Mila Kunis is also pretty good in it. The more I think about it, Kunis is good in pretty much everything she's in. :yesway:

·
18,790 Posts
Watched this a couple days ago, I really enjoyed it. Everyone did an excellent job. I'm pretty sure I could enjoy Gary Oldman in pretty much anything :lol:

The more I think about it, Kunis is good in pretty much everything she's in. :yesway:
Yeah, I've been really surprised lately with how far she's come as an actress, and this was a big step in the right direction for me.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I dunno, I was pretty unimpressed. I saw both plot twists coming a mile away and didn't really enjoy the pacing or the concept too much; seemed a little preachy and overblown to me.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To each their own. Some reviews I saw were from people who completely picked it apart, just like they do with every film they see - it makes me wonder why they actually watch movies in the first place other than to sit back and nitpick. (To each their own again, I guess. ;))

I was entertained, plot twist was cool, and post-apocalyptic anything is tr00 and grvm anyway. :metal:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'm guilty of a bit of nitpicking, but only if the movie wasn't fun. I liked the hell out of the new GI Joe flick :D

·
18,790 Posts
The twist in this one did the same thing to me as Shutter Island, where I guessed it pretty early in the movie, but they managed to make me forget that I had guessed it until the reveal, leaving me thinking "Oh yeah, I knew that, I was right I guess" :lol:

And actually, both struck me as movies that would be interesting on a second viewing, this one even more so.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Worth watching. Denzel is good as always, and Mila Kunis is also pretty good in it. The more I think about it, Kunis is good in pretty much everything she's in. :yesway:
I saw it Sunday. Yeah, it's not Citizen Kane, but it was decent. Denzel is really good in it, and he's a major badass in the flick, to boot. Mucho ass kicking. And Mila is fucking gorgeous, as usual.

Not too bad. Worth a poke. Er... look. ;)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like Denzel in everything too. Dude's looking old these days though, which makes me feel old. :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:agreed: "King Kong ain't got SHIT on me!"

One of the best movies and performances ever.
My old roommate has a running joke with me that I have a man-crush on Denzel. :lol: One upon a time I was hell bent on having a giant DVD collection, and I had just about every one of his movies. He noticed it one night and never let me live it down. :lol:

·
Grumpy Old Fart
1,025 Posts
I saw it and liked it. I was expecting more action than I got but it was still cool. It did kind of drag on at times.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I hear Tom Waits has a cameo in it as a storekeeper, which is enough for me. :D

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
They set up a really cool post-apocalyptic environment, but the plot with the book was too fucking ridiculous to bear.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I've seen this movie several times and I really enjoyed it. I don't understand the criticism at all.

I dig Denzel myself, so I can't hate on ya.
Same here. I love Denzel and will watch a movie based on nothing else than the fact that he's acting in it. :lol: Definitely one of my favorite actors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts