Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! As my band is beginning to pick up steam, I figured I would just make a thread and bumping it when I have announcements instead of making a new thread every time.

So anyway, we have a couple of shows booked, and we are looking to get into a studio in a couple of months to record our 5 song EP, Dreamscapes.

I figured I would let you guys listen to a couple of the songs that we have more or less done (at least from a compositional stance). These songs are not mixed or anything, but they are pretty much done as far as how we will be playing them live.

Here is the first song, titled "Quantities of Light"

This song is called, "Non-Transient"

This is our instrumental song, "Unexpected Events"

So far, this is my personal favorite, "Attrition System". Still has a couple holes where vocals need to go, so this one isn't done, still pretty rough.

I will post others as they become available!

:metal:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:bump:

New track up, "Attrition System". This one is my favorite. Still some gaps where vocals need to go, but I think it is a solid song.

Let me know what you guys think!

Also, in other news, we are going to start recording guitars for the EP on Friday!!!! Very excited!

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
The last song, Attrition System, is absolutely outstanding. I love this as a demo and can't wait to hear the album version.

The guitars parts are really rich. The rhythm guitar never gets boring and the harmonies after the chorus are outstanding. On top of that, your sweep picking is insane and I'm totally envious :agreed:

All in all some great work, especially that last piece. It's EXACTLY my kind of music. Heavy as all get out with catchy singable vocals. Great job Sean!

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update:

We have started recording our EP. We are recording all of our guitar and bass parts DI at my apartment, and then drums and vocals will be recorded at a studio. All this will be sent to Brandon (founding guitarist of Whitechapel. He can't play after his motorcycle accident) to get reamped and mixed and mastered.

My ETA would be probably 3 months to get the EP done, because we are still helping construct the studio that drums and vocals are getting recorded at.

So updates in a couple months!!!

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, tonight is the big night! My band is playing our first gig!

We have shirts made too!

It is looking like we are going to have a pretty big crowd, so I am pumped. I am a bit nervous though, it has been quite a while since I played a show.

Wish me luck!

·
18,790 Posts
Love the shirt design :yesway:

And you already figured out the first thing most bands get wrong on shirt designs: put the name near the damn top :lol:

My old band's first shirt design looked cool, but the name was at the bottom, so when people in other bands were wearing them, their instruments blocked the name :lol: Same goes for people wearing a zippered hoodie over it.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love the shirt design :yesway:

And you already figured out the first thing most bands get wrong on shirt designs: put the name near the damn top :lol:

My old band's first shirt design looked cool, but the name was at the bottom, so when people in other bands were wearing them, their instruments blocked the name :lol: Same goes for people wearing a zippered hoodie over it.
Very true! Unless you sell your shirts to this guy:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The show went pretty awesome! I have a video of the whole set, so once I figure out how to upload it to youtube, I will make a private link for you guys! There were some issues, like our clean singer couldn't hear himself so he was pitchy at first. It was his first show doing metal, so I just don't think he knew what the stage volume is like.

We covered Morphogenesis, and I butchered Per's solo :( Everything else went okay though :)

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, so I couldn't put the show up on youtube because it was too long, but I just uploaded it to my dropbox, so hopefully that works.

Here is the whole show unedited, mistakes and all :winning:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23053762/TITLE01.avi

EDIT: I guess dropbox doesn't play avi's like it does mp3s, so clicking on the link downloads the show. 280MB, 30 minute set.

If you do download it and watch it, PLEASE tell me what you think :yesway:

Also, read my disclaimer two posts up, clean vocals get better on the 3 song.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts