Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first ever owned sevenstring guitar was this Ibanes RG7321. Cheap, sounded bad and wasn't even that cool looking guitar. Somehow it ended up staying in my collection and finally i decided to mod the hell out of it and see how that goes.

I took all the parts off and started sanding the paint. Then i took the heatgun and made some burned figures hear and there. All the hardware except the bridge was upgraded.

Here are the specs:
Tuners - Sperzel locking tuners
Nut - Bone
Pickups - BKP Aftermath w/burned chrome covers
Volume pot - Dimarzio

So now it has this Burned Theme going on and it sounds great thanks to BKP. I've always liked Ibanez Wizard II-7 neck, so no problems there.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Cool idea! :yesway: Looks great:metal:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I was little suprised myself too. This was my first time to customize a guitar. There were moments, when i was little worried that what's going to happen my guitar. (Heatgun*cough, Heatgun *cough)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your guitar looks cool. I once sanded my kramer (it had a custom paint job that had been done for friend.) After I bought the guitar from him I wanted to just paint it black. I sanded the guitar and painted it. It looked horrible. It looked like it had been in a fire. Long story short, I bought 2 more bodies before it came back to life.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Looks good man! I like the finish on the pickups, they kinda like scorched too. Taking off that thick layer of paint and finish has probably helped improve the tone too.

Have you done any more mods?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks good. Do you have it in some crazy-ass tuning? that intonation looks weird as fuck :lol:
No, it's in standard tuning. :)
The pictures were takeng right after i got everything assembled.

Here's a picture after setting the intonation and string height. (and you can see me in the volumeknob taking a picture, that's kinda cool too)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks good man! I like the finish on the pickups, they kinda like scorched too. Taking off that thick layer of paint and finish has probably helped improve the tone too.

Have you done any more mods?
Thanks! Well yeah, ppl say that natural finished guitars improve tone, but to be honest, i didn't hear any major difference on that.

I haven't done other this big mods. Only pickup swaps:
Metalguitarist.org - DropTheSun's Album: Gear

1 - 20 of 22 Posts