Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Meh. Not a fan. I remember when the first one came out and there was this insane amount of hype and I was like, "OOOOH, I'll love the shit out of this!" What's not to love, female vocals, slower doom/ gothic rock vibe, occult lyrics (maybe?). I guess I was expecting it to be more along the lines if Blood Ceremony and was totally disappointed.

Plus, we all know that I can appreciate things that aren't face melting metal.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Geoff, I actually saw them with Watain on the massive Decibel tour with Behemoth a couple years back. The singer chick was fucking terrible live, but I didn't think I would mention it since the guitarist passed and they are now defunct and it would appear in bad taste.

Trevor, it's not as brilliant as some people make it out to be. I don't like the amount of hype a lot of the "occult rock" stuff (specifically the female wannabe Stevie Nicks stuff) gets, but it's a fun casual listen.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
its always a bummer when a female vocalist blows live, cause it seems they are already under further scrutiny in the metal scene just for being female. that happened to me when i saw cerebral bore a few years back…on the album she kicks ass, but it was a night and day difference hearing her live.

But damn, watain and behemoth on the same bill. that mustve been a good day :metal:
im gonna try to make it out to cali next month for the mayhem/watain tour

1 - 5 of 5 Posts