Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know everyone thinks Dean should have stoped after Dimes death, But other then the fact that it is using his name what do you guys think of these amps?

I'm trying to get some gear rounded up..with a very fix income. or what every it is :lol: Like 1300 bucks total, thats for an amp AND new guitar.

I just watched the premeir guitar review video..or demo video I guess. I liked the tone :shrug: I may be the only one here that does also :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
avoid like the plague. Dean electronic everything ive ever seen has been AWFUL

grab an HT20 combo ($500) or a 6505 112 combo ($650 iirc) and plunk the rest down on a nice axe, and bam

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
avoid like the plague. Dean electronic everything ive ever seen has been AWFUL

grab an HT20 combo ($500) or a 6505 112 combo ($650 iirc) and plunk the rest down on a nice axe, and bam
:lol: well I have also been checking out the Bugera 333xl 212. Its about the same price 120 watts and has a speaker out in the back for a extension cab:yesway:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'd stay away from the Dean because I think they're a bunch of unscrupulous shitbags, and I personally don't dig the tone anyway.

$1300 will easily get you a decent Ibanez or PRS SE, in conjunction with a HT20, 6505 112, or a multitude of used amps.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
true. I've been wanting to get an 8 string..Seems like I wont be able to get that and an Amp though :lol: I'm also trying to figure out if I want to go PRS, like the Mike mushok or Ibanez Proably the S7420..Fucking choices :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
How much does the RGA7 retail for over there? If I were starting to get serious about amps, but making my first venture to more strings, I'd go 6505+ 112 and RGA7 (with the pick-ups replaced at some point :lol:) The Peavey still tempts me, something I can leave at the practice space, but is loud enough to gig with. Saves carting my Blackstar + Cab everywhere, plus it's something different. That's the way I'd go anyways.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much does the RGA7 retail for over there? If I were starting to get serious about amps, but making my first venture to more strings, I'd go 6505+ 112 and RGA7 (with the pick-ups replaced at some point :lol:) The Peavey still tempts me, something I can leave at the practice space, but is loud enough to gig with. Saves carting my Blackstar + Cab everywhere, plus it's something different. That's the way I'd go anyways.
$499 RGA7. :D

But I have had 7's before I have had 2 ax7221's and a H207. I have thought about getting the rga though my local shop has on I tried it out..but using a Roland micro cube.. It wasnt great but I think with the right amp it could work. I have also though of getting the RGA8. but am a little worried about the Bridge problems everyone has mentioned. :ugh:

Also the RGA8 is $799 over here :lol: I have thought Agile also, but I'm not sure, not my cup of tea plus I don't want to get one and it not fit me/sucks ass.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
If youre willing to pay cash up front, and wait a week or 2, ill bet you you could get ~$100 off too

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
If youre willing to pay cash up front, and wait a week or 2, ill bet you you could get ~$100 off too
If they're paid on comission, shit, go in there and offer to buy both of them that day, for 100$ less than the combined price. Garauntee they'll say yes.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
don't think they get commission. The guy owns the store runs it with his wife and I think one of his kids. But it's mostly him and his wife. They might give me a discount since I have been going to there store to get all my strings and shit I bought my Ax7221 from them, My Line 6 Floor pod and have been telling everyone I know that plays music that HAS NOT been there to go there to get their stuff :lol:

Also, why wait a wee or two? you think the price is going to drop because of NAMM or something?

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
even better. That means he gets a few hundred bucks of profit in his hand that day. if you have the cash, fuckin bargain with the dude.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
even better. That means he gets a few hundred bucks of profit in his hand that day. if you have the cash, fuckin bargain with the dude.
I'll have the cash around Nov :lol: But yeah I'll have to try that...Even if he doesnt I think the rga7 + 6505+ 112 + a new set of Either blackouts or Emgs = Win!! for me :D Thanks guy for helping me figure this shit out :lol:

Also side note does a set of emgs come with a vol/tone pots? or would I have to get those sepeartly?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts