Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Been waiting AGES for this and it's gonna be the next official "guys night" for me and the buddies since well - this is a GUY movie, chicks would just ruin it if they were there.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I've been dying to see this ever since someone first told me about it. :lol: I figure it's either going to be incredible or really, really atrocious,and either way it should be worth watching. :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Seriously, anything where I can imagine Arnie shouting "GET TO THE CHOPPA!" is going to be pure gold :agreed:

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:bump: Got it from Redbox on BluRay. Will be watching it for the first time tonight :agreed:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I found it to be pretty bad actually, and not the 'good in a bad kind of way' - it was just, bad. I know the dialogue isn't important, but you've got Stallone who can't talk worth a shit, Jason Statham with his accent, Jet Li's fucking broken English, Terry Crews blackin' it up all over the place, and Mickey Rourke was just as bad as Stallone with his fucking mumbling. The action requires a certain amount of disbelief to be suspended and for you to just go "Yeah, that's TOTALLY possible, I get it."

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's fucking amazing. And ridiculous, but mostly fucking amazing.
:agreed:

I found it to be pretty bad actually, and not the 'good in a bad kind of way' - it was just, bad. I know the dialogue isn't important, but you've got Stallone who can't talk worth a shit, Jason Statham with his accent, Jet Li's fucking broken English, Terry Crews blackin' it up all over the place, and Mickey Rourke was just as bad as Stallone with his fucking mumbling. The action requires a certain amount of disbelief to be suspended and for you to just go "Yeah, that's TOTALLY possible, I get it."
:noway: stallone wasnt nearly as mumbly as the rocky movies. Also Jasons accent? Don't be a twat he hardly has a heavy british accent.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I found him to be worse in this than he was in the Rocky's but YMMV :shrug: I didn't say Statham's accent was ridiculously thick but it's definitely hard to understand when he starts going off

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
It's fucking amazing. And ridiculous, but mostly fucking amazing.
:agreed: Saw it when it came out, and it is easily one of my favorite movies of the year :metal:

... :squint:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
OMG, I'm so sorry Jason Statham's London accent ruined the film for you :rolleyes:

Plus let's be realistic here, it's a Hollywood action movie. Since when were they EVER believable?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I've always found Jason Statham really easy to understand. :shrug:

Then again, I watched lots of Monty Python, and you can't understand half of what those fuckers are saying. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts