Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Space.
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm ashamed to say that I have no good pics. :ugh:

I really need to get on that.

I have a BKP Holy Diver in the bridge position and an Air Norton in the neck position. Absolutely perfect. I will be swapping out the middle for... Something... As soon as I get some money.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Nice. :yesway: I love all the solos on that album, but that one from Coldly Calculated Design has been one of my faves since the first time I heard it. Great job.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
This solo is everything that's wrong with most modern death metal/deathcore: none of it sounds anything like this :metal:
Shows how much you listen to modern progressive death metal/technical death metal. :lol: I can think of a ton of bands that sound like that (and they all rule).

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
I love that solo, I learned it a while back as well, the tapped bit is super fun to play with.

Also I love your fucking beard, so much win. I think either you, wookie, or hal wins for most awesome facial hair.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Naren said:
This solo is everything that's wrong with most modern death metal/deathcore: none of it sounds anything like this :metal:
Shows how much you listen to modern progressive death metal/technical death metal. :lol: I can think of a ton of bands that sound like that (and they all rule).
It's true :lol: I got burned out on all the crappy deathcore and whatever The Acacia Strain is during my time in my last band and stopped listening to it or checking out new band recommendations. Last "death metal" album I bought was Ghost Reveries :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's true :lol: I got burned out on all the crappy deathcore and whatever The Acacia Strain is during my time in my last band and stopped listening to it or checking out new band recommendations. Last "death metal" album I bought was Ghost Reveries :lol:
:lol: I've always hated deathcore. I can't think of a single good deathcore band.

(My opinion, of course. I'm sure there are probably good deathcore bands out there, but I've never heard one :lol:)

Back on theme with the thread, though, I can't wait for the next Faceless album. :yesway: Akeldama and Planetary Duality are both masterpieces.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts