Metal Guitarist Forums banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
The Silent One
32 Posts
Bumpage!

I hate bumping old threads but this thread is very relevant to a thread I would have started so might as well do it in here.

I am VERY / completely new to impulses. I have always use pedalboards for my recordings but what I have doesn't sound as good as I want and I don't want to get rid of it as I use them all live.

I want to use my Engl powerball but am unsure how to use cab sims.

I have miced up my cab before and the impulses I have tried sound NOTHING like it. soooo much bass and flabbyness, making it pretty much unusable.
I have no idea what im supposed to be doing with cab sims so dont really know how to get it sounding good.

I cant even get my amp to play through it when recording. Is there even a way to do this?
Im running cubase 5 if thats useful info?
if you want a ENGL kind of sound you can try out amp sims like lepou le456 and tse x30. for cab sims & impulse u can use catharsis IRs, ALU's Sperimental pack. All of these are free. you can also buy redwirez impulse packs or recabinet 3. try using and blending multiple impulses.

cab sims simulate the sound of a actual miced cabinet and there is a way to use your amp with vst cab sims. though i have never done it as i dont own a real amp. so i'm not 100% sure how to connect the amp head to the audio interface but it's actually possible. i think you have to take out a 1/4" cable out of your amp's fx send and connect it to your audio interface's input (but i repeat : i dont know if this is the right method!) :scratch:.

anyway, once you connect the head you can insert a cab sim vst like lecab2 or recabinet on the track you are working on in cubase and then click on the little orange monitor icon to enable it. now you should be able to hear the amp head+cab sim playthrough sound.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
:bump:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice free bass VST?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
SVX? Markbass?

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
TSE BOD sounds pretty badass!

SVX and Markbass are paid right?

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Woah. The Poulin LE456 is badass too. What amp is this simulating?

·
Registered
54 Posts
None is better than Mr. LePou.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
^ nice!

I used to use BOD, but I've come to prefer Ignite's SHB-1 for bass. That thing is killer!!

Audio Plug-Ins

Also he has some unique parametric EQ's a tube preamp sim.

I've also read that Lepou's Lextac is not only good for clean guitar, but good for bass as well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
hey hey there guys, which one of these do you reckon would be the best base for some bruuuutal death metal? I've listened to all the samples and I'm leaning towards the Lecto/ENGL one, but just wanted an outside opinion. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
hey hey there guys, which one of these do you reckon would be the best base for some bruuuutal death metal? I've listened to all the samples and I'm leaning towards the Lecto/ENGL one, but just wanted an outside opinion. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?
Honestly, for the price of free just download all the Poulin and TSE stuff and experiment. :yesway:

·
VHT Pitbull 100CL
13 Posts
Honestly, for the price of free just download all the Poulin and TSE stuff and experiment. :yesway:
Hello I wanted to ask two things here.

First and foremost, are you the REAL Beezow Doo-Doo?????

Second, does anyone know of any new amp sims that are free and can do metal well?

The original list is a couple of years old so I just figured I would ask.

When I plug in, none of these sims sound like they do in the videos at all. (I did not know until now about the hpf and lpf on Lecab, I will try that)

But im not even close, when I try Le456 it sounds like Doo Doo (no pun intended doo doo) and on the video here it actually sounds good :( Any other tips besides lecab hpf?

Thanks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hello I wanted to ask two things here.

First and foremost, are you the REAL Beezow Doo-Doo?????

Second, does anyone know of any new amp sims that are free and can do metal well?

The original list is a couple of years old so I just figured I would ask.

When I plug in, none of these sims sound like they do in the videos at all. (I did not know until now about the hpf and lpf on Lecab, I will try that)

But im not even close, when I try Le456 it sounds like Doo Doo (no pun intended doo doo) and on the video here it actually sounds good :( Any other tips besides lecab hpf?

Thanks.
I heard a new Randall Solar sim that sounds good. Don't have the link but I can probably send it to you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
instead of makin a new thread I thought I'd just throw my question in here:

what's a good place (besides my watch on craigslist) to look for cheap power amps (and what kind would you recommend) for sending signal from my pc/iphone to and letting it power my speaker cab?

61 - 80 of 104 Posts