Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Chris vs. Drew: Who will RELEASE their album first?

• Chris will deliver shred wankery and Odin-themed songs first.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • Drew will bring the blues, if he doesn't drink himself to death first.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • noodles?

Votes: 29 37.7%
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vince is out of this, because he'll probably record 5 more albums by the time we're done, but..

For a bottle of scotch (for me) and bourbon (for Drew), I'm throwing the gauntlet down and saying that I'll have an album done first. And by done, I don't mean "a few MP3s on MySpace". I mean done, CD in hand, in a printed jacket, ready to give to relatives and strippers for birthday presents.

Let's have the vote. Facta non Verba vs. Thanks For Nothing*

*Drew doesn't have a working title yet!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm already in the lead, I have a fuckin' Facebook page! :metal: (And I'm my own fan, which is mildly self-serving, and somewhat creepy..)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A VOTE FOR CQ IS A VOTE FOR STRIPPERS AND VIKINGS. :hungus:

Kevin, I will now hit you with band spam. And every other one of you motherfuckers that invites me to shows 3,500 miles from my house. :lol: :wub:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
None of the above... I'm don't either of you will ever finish your albums. :fawk:

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I'm the only one to have voted for Drew so far :lol: I did so mostly because he's posted more progress updates lately, and because I think a vote for Drew will push Chris to try harder :lol:
I voted for Drew as well mainly because since Chris initiated the challenge, I'm sure he's close as hell to being done, which means Drew is the underdog in this contest.

I'm a sap for Disney-esk come back stories.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Let's have the vote. Facta non Verba vs. Thanks For Nothing*

*Drew doesn't have a working title yet!
:lol: Well, way to sway the voting. :lol:

I've kind of been seeing this coming for a while (Chris has been bombarding the mods with recording questions and tone clips lately), and honestly, it'll be an interesting competition. I know exactly how much Chris has done, he knows exactly how much I have done, and in the spirit of gentlemanly competition I doubt that'll change as we go along.

Currently, I've finished my rhythm tracks for everything - scracth EZDrummer drums, bass, acoustic guitar, and clean and distorted rhythm guitars. I've got one new song I'm working through that may or may not get added as well, but I'm still working on the arrangement, and as things stand now I'm sitting on almost 70 minutes of music so maybe including it doesn't make sense.

You'd think this would put me at a huge advantage, but

1.) I don't have an album title, and only abouthalf my shit even has song names. :lol:
2.) I fully expect lead guitar to be the longest, most time consuming part of this.
3.) I'm probably going to spend a lot more time mixing than Chris will.
4.) I suspect Chris is going to work a lot faster than me anyway.

Also, I figure there's a not-impossible chance that I might end up mixing both albums. :lol:

On my side? Well, I've got a drop-dead date - I pretty much HAVE to be done by the end of the year and have something off to be mastered, because come January I'll have to segue back into the 2nd CFA exam. So who knows.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Long story short - I'm picking up the gauntlet. :D

Though, isn't it a little, well, small?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
If Chris works as fast as he talks Drew's fucked. :lol:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts