Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Isn't that more or less like the PRS 513 switching system? The demo isn't very convincing, mainly because it sounds like they're running it through a shitty amp.

My Dean gives me 11 different options with the push-pull pots switching each pickup into series or parallel. I rarely use more than 3 or 4 of those options.

I just installed the 4-way switch in my Tele, and it's pretty much perfect. Playing it through the Blackstar tonight, it was just brilliant. The Blackstar excels at sounding like the guitar and not forcing every guitar to sound like the amp. I was very impressed. We'll be recording it on Monday.

I used to pursue an endless array of tones, but truth be told, i'd rather have ready access to 4 or 5 usable tones than 15 sounds of which i only use a handful, and the ones i use require multiple steps to switch between them.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Darren, I can't wait to hear your full Blackstar review, and the results of the 4-way switch in the Texan.

Not really impressed by the NPR bit; it's nothing that we haven't seen before anyways really.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I gotta agree with Darren; introducing some fancy switching and electronics is NOT some revolutionary thing, and is not even terribly useful. After all, the Jimmy Page Les Paul did this a long time ago, and with 22 tonal options.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Exactly, who uses more than 2 or 3 tones anyway? I suppose a covers band might need something like that, but lets be honest, if you're playing in any kind of live band then ultra-subtle tonal variations really won't be apparent.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Exactly, who uses more than 2 or 3 tones anyway? I suppose a covers band might need something like that, but lets be honest, if you're playing in any kind of live band then ultra-subtle tonal variations really won't be apparent.
They may be apparent to other guitarists in the crowd, but who gives a shit about them :fawk: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts